Crash.Net WRC News
Ingrassia gets okay for Rally Finland
28 July 2013
Sebastien Ogier's co-driver Julien Ingrassia has been given the all-clear to start Rally Finland this coming week.
Ingrassia's participation had been in doubt
after the 33-year-old broke his collarbone in a fall while mountain biking in Corsica at the end of last month
However after a thorough medical examination at the Bad Nauheim Sports Injury Clinic last week, and after a successful test drive on Saturday, the team of doctors, headed by Dr Johannes Peil, have now said the 33-year-old will be fine to compete on the eighth round in the 2013 World Rally Championship.
“I am so relieved that I have managed to get back to full health in time for the Rally Finland,” said Ingrassia.
“My thanks go out to the doctors for the great job they have done on me and the whole Volkswagen team, who have always supported me and sent me their best wishes. Now, I cannot wait to get back out on the road with Sébastien.”
“The whole team is very happy that Julien is back to full health and can start racing again,” added Volkswagen Motorsport director Jost Capito. “Our main priority is always the well-being of our drivers – we never want to take any risks.
“In the worst case scenario, it would have been better that Julien sits out one race than risk being out for a long time. You can only start a World Championship rally if you are in good health. That's why in Nicolas Klinger we would have had an excellent replacement.
“I would like to thank Nicolas for the great levels of commitment he demonstrated in the most recent test runs and for his willingness to step in for Julien in Finland if needed,” Capito concluded.