WRC » Australia - day 1: Latvala leads [Updated]

Andrew - Unregistered

September 04, 2009 1:50 PM

Using AndyHew01's Belgium GP analogy after the superspecials, Wilson, being 1min52 back after 53mins of rallying, would still finish 2 laps behind the winner. Outrageously slow. Still he's managing to lead 2003 world rally champion Petter Solberg (pre-event press release refers).

Jeff - Unregistered

September 04, 2009 2:01 PM

wilson is as fast as Badoer.

One has 10 years testing experience at Ferrari while the other is at the end of his father's 5 year plan.....

Look how Ogier is pacing while he started this year...

Wilson snr should find a supermarked troll drive for his son

runnah - Unregistered

September 04, 2009 2:48 PM

If I had 5 years of top level training and hardware, yes I think I could finish top 8.

But the difference if I were in his spot I would be honest with myself about my skill level.

AndyHew01

September 04, 2009 4:39 PM

i genuinely want him to do well.. he is young, british and drives possibly the best car is the WRC.. but is it going to happen??? Who knows

He is lucky to have a no pressure seat, i wonder if big malc said top 3 by the end of the season or your out would make him up his game

And whoever said would his critics finish in the top 8 needs to pipe down because its irrelevant, you sound like an X factor contestant telling Simon Cowell he cant sing... he couldn't give a F***

andyhew01 - Unregistered

September 04, 2009 8:17 PM

What id like to see is group a back... i'd like the sound of the road cars popping and banging in the uk forests at 8am on a cold november morning, i'd like to see the costs drop and more manufacturers back in the championship, wether Guy Wilks or kris Meeke get a drive it doesn't matter the championship as it is now is dead... all in my opinion guys.

andyhew01 - Unregistered

September 04, 2009 8:17 PM

ForzaCockermouth

September 04, 2009 9:39 PM

Yawn. Cmon guys, I am getting a little bit bored with how every single article seems to be the start of a forum to slag off Matt. I want to have a bit more educated banter and comment about the rally as a whole.

Great performance by Ogier and Latvala so far. 2 drivers that could not keep it on the road earlier in the year. It makes me wonder if Ogier is right on the ragged edge though? They both seem to have turned it around though.

We need Hirvonen to find that bit extra now. Really critical for him to get a good result here, cause lets be honest, Loeb is gonna stroll to victory in spain, should be a good rally GB!

And in reply to Andyhew01, yeah, those days were great.