WRC » Citroen crown frees Loeb to focus on Hirvonen duel

Chris - Unregistered

October 07, 2009 10:39 AM

People forget that the rally will be about more than just Seb and Mikko. Matt Wilson for one will want jump-start his championship year next year (year 5 of 5) by destroying everyone on his home round of the WRC. After all it will also be his 6th Rally GB start so he's one of the most experienced in the line-up.

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

October 07, 2009 1:42 PM

I was not impressed by what I saw in Spain. I think its hard on Dani that for a 3rd year he has been asked to move over for Sebastien. Im not a Sordo fan but you have to feel for the poor guy being denied yet another win.

I was hoping that Loeb would announce that Sordo would be welcome to go for the win, also it would make a 6th title more meaningful.

I have a feeling Loeb wont win GB anyway, but its going to be very very close indeed, I think Mikko can find the speed, he just needs to find it on Friday morning as apposed to Saturday Morning.

I think Jari Matti could also beat Loeb just to show Fords strength and make up for last years last day defeat. Im sure he wants his revenge.

kat - Unregistered

October 07, 2009 3:00 PM

@ Dafydd Larcombe - even if Loeb would say he wishes no team orders I guess no one would believe him he won fairly if he would beat Dani on track.. Its pity for Sordo that Spain is always so late in a calendar..

I think it will be Seb vs Mikko vs Petter in GB and hope that there will be no technical problems for them - just pure fight. Nothing is worse than doubting the soon to be world champion (and I dont care which one of them) with usual "but if there will be no technical problems.."

Anyway I hope for Loeb.

runnah - Unregistered

October 07, 2009 6:17 PM

Kat-

I think Petter is going to go right out straight in GB. If he doesn't stuff it early on he will win. He has skills to do it and the car to match. He has so much to prove and so much drive to be on the top step that he will be right on the ragged edge.

Loeb and Mikko will be fighting for 2nd.

maggot - Unregistered

October 08, 2009 9:33 PM

I agree with Chris. People are quick to forget about the "Brilliant Brit" Matt Wilson who I am sure will silence his critics with an outstanding Wales Rally GB. The only question that should be asked is "Who will come second?".

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

October 10, 2009 12:08 PM

Runnah, you could be right, I do think Petter will be right up there in the Fight, the good thing about the points is that Mikko and Seb could be fighting for 2nd.

If Petter can out pace them when they are flat out trying to win the Title that will speak volumes for Petters capability, to be fair to him i dont know why he didnt get the 2nd seat at Citroen, no dissprespect to Sordo.

Its gonna be one hell of a spectacle on GB, to see 5 drivers going flat out for Glory and finally no team orders. I think any one of the 5 can win, they all have good reason to win over and above just winning a WRC Rally, I think Mikko can just edge Seb but its going to be very very close, someone will loose