WRC » OFFICIAL: Solberg confirms plans for 2010

2003 World Rally champion Petter Solberg will stick with Citroen for the 2010 World Rally Championship.

Chris - Unregistered

January 13, 2010 9:51 AM

Great news and will scare the works teams more than once I suggest. But not enough to prevent a 7th title for Mr. Loeb. Indeed I think the top 8 at the end of the year:
1. Loeb
2. JM Latvala
3. Sordo
4. Ogier
5. Hirvonen
6. Solberg (P)
7. Solberg (H)
8. Raikkonen

ipg66

January 13, 2010 10:12 AM

Chris - interesting prediction.

Can't see SO or J-ML finishing ahead of MH myself - MH is Mr Consistency & generally only fails to finish if the car lets him down. J-ML needs a year of consolidation especially after 2009 & SO is still a bit reckless.

DS is a good bet for runner-up though, especially with more tar in 2010.

Good news that PS has got something together again & I really hope he can finish in the top-spot at least once this year. I agree he'll be scaring the works teams - I just hope "politics/team orders" doesn't come into it if he ends up battling with SL or DS at some point. I recognise he's bought the car(s) & running his own team but nevertheless...

Craig - Unregistered

January 13, 2010 12:13 PM

I heard that PG Andersson will be joining the PSWRT but he'll be driving in the PWRC...doesn't rally make sense though. If he anted to get back into top level rallying then the SWRC would be his best bet

rh - Unregistered

January 13, 2010 12:13 PM

My 2010 prediction is:

1= Loeb
Hirvonen (its hard to pick the winner)
3 P Solberg If the car does him good
4 Latvala - If he can be consistent
5 Sordo - Maybe only a point or two behind Jari
6 Ogier
7 H Solberg
8 Raikonen
9 Wilson

Taz - Unregistered

January 13, 2010 12:33 PM

Good to see him in WRC, always good value and one of the best drivers.

Can't see Loeb losing as there is more tarmac....Jean Todt favouring Citroen no doubt :rolleyes:

1 2  »