WRC » Latvala takes NZ win after final stage drama

Jari-Matti Latvala takes the glory in New Zealand after edging out Sebastien Ogier in the final stage.

Twin Cam Sam - Unregistered

May 09, 2010 11:33 AM

Fantastic result for Jari-Matti !

Now he's second in the championship, maybe Malcolm wil let him off the leash a bit. Mikko seems out of sorts lately. I still think Jari-Matti is the only driver with the natural pace to take the fight to Loeb, although Ogier is also performing well.

No post from me would be the same without a mention for our British hope - Matt Wilson. A better rally with some decent times on Friday, although probably due to his road position. 6th overall and 3m 26s off the pace is a big improvement on his usual 7th and 7m off the pace, so credit where credit is due. Lets see if he can maintain and improve on this form over the remainder of the season. :p

Dave in Shanghai - Unregistered

May 09, 2010 12:43 PM

AAAARRRGGGGGGGGGG...................Excellent result!

Dave in Shanghai - Unregistered

May 09, 2010 12:43 PM

AAAARRRGGGGGGGGGG...................Excellent result!
Well done Jari-Matti,I always knew you would turn it around.....and thank you Mr Wilson for having confidence in this talent! FORD rule OK!Keep it up guys.......Christ,my Missus is going to enjoy 'it' tonight! :-o

GoFstr - Unregistered

May 09, 2010 9:35 PM

I'm thrilled Latvala won, good work, agree with above comments, Wilson should let him off the leash.

Even though I'm happy Latvala won he didn't deserve it, Loeb was the best driver there. It just shows there is a gapping hole between Loeb and the rest......quite pathetic actually.

Nanbawan - Unregistered

May 10, 2010 1:02 AM

Nice for Latvala. Somewhat deserves it as he did not put a foot wrong. That said I'm a bit gutted for Ogier, it would have been a nice premiere.

Loeb is definitely the hero here even if he did not win.

steelopus - Unregistered

May 10, 2010 4:43 AM

I think you all need to stop and consider that perhaps the reason Jari-Matti was able to win this rally was the very fact that he was on-leash for most of the weekend, and not driving and pushing as he normally does. Yes, I'm happy for his win, but I'm not sure he could have pulled it off if he had been flat-out all weekend. We've seen him go off while leading and while pursing, but he only wins when he's driving steady and consistent.

richard

May 10, 2010 10:04 AM

jan mari won, ut the real driver was loeb. he never gave up! his dive to regain the top was awe inspiring, and even on the last stage, where he had to make up a huge chunk of time, he just kept pushing. a little too hard perhaps, but you have to admire a tryer! ogier was perhaps the most unfortunate, and you had to feel for him. his time will come! i didnt hear anything of kimi. was he even in the rally??

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

May 10, 2010 1:21 PM

For Rich,

No, Kimi mist this one. He will be back in Portugal at the end of the Month.

I think Jari Matti did a great job, although you have to say that it is the Determination and Guidance of Malcolm Wilson that got him there without him setting a fastest time.

Im sure Jari Matti has learned a lot already this year. Maybe 2011 will be his year. He is going to be a future Champion for sure.

I also just want to say how I impressed I was and am with Ogier, I sense that maybe by Portugal Sordo will be replaced by Ogier.

Olivier Quenell doesnt mince his words and Citroen is known for being impatient. I dont give him long. I think Ogier deserves this promotion and will be strong.

1 2  »