WRC » Citroen Junior Team takes Italian 1-2

Sebastien Ogier and Kimi Raikkonen take a 1-2 finish on Rally della Lanterna

JT2 - Unregistered

June 14, 2010 4:15 PM

Great work from Citroen Jnr Boys.

Looking forward to next rally to see if the gap between Kimi Raikkonen the top boys in wrc can decrease. :)

He's putting in the hard hours. Would love to see him rewarded. :D

sokudo - Unregistered

June 15, 2010 9:14 AM

didn't think raikkonen could get that close to ogier. good on him! hopefully we see another ogier-raikkonen 1-2 at the expense of loeb (i just want to see the championship go to the wire, which it ain't doing at the minute)

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

June 15, 2010 1:16 PM

I would love to see Kimi do really well in the coming Asphalt rounds. Maybe even get on the podium after he finds his feet.

I think the WRC needs all the excitement it can get and if Raikkonen does well enough this season he could well decide to stay in WRC beyond 2010.

RedBull obviously see the benefits of him competing in the WRC, I would like to see him do well. I know he has been suprised at how hard it is to do the times that the top drivers are doing.

I think he has talent and I think he has a future in the WRC. I think this year has been a huge learning curve but I just hope that he will stay in the WRC.

I think considering what he has had to learn he has done Brilliantly

Mysh - Unregistered

June 15, 2010 6:34 PM

@daffydd

I think with the resigning of Mark Webber in the Red Bull F1 team should hopefully see Kimi staying in WRC. He won't go to a middling F1 team and he has already said he enjoys the more laid back atmosphere of the WRC paddock.

Who knows if he is fantastic on tarmac and can beat dani sordo we may see him in the main team for these events like the other seb is on gravel

richard

June 15, 2010 8:07 PM

it is reported that kimi is in the frame for a renault f1 seat next year, and that buemi is likely to take over from webber in rbr 2012. so kimi will either be in f1 next year, or in wrc! it is the silly season, after all!

Daniel - Unregistered

June 16, 2010 7:13 AM

Kimi will never ever go to Renault... why would he want to drive around in a mediocre F1 car for positions between 10 to 5, Renault is hardly a winning car.

The only question about Kimi and next year is if Red Bull going to hire him a place in a rally team (which they did this year) or are they going to have a own rally team.

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

June 16, 2010 12:21 PM

I am not convinced that RedBull will try and create their own team next year. The Appeal of having some of the best drivers in the Best cars driving for them is to good to pass up.

The current arrangement I think really suits them being the Primary Sponsor to both the Citroen A and B teams.

It may as well be the RedBull WRC if they have their colours on any more cars and although that sounds good I dont think thats about to Happen.

I think maybe next year they will continue as they are in 2010 with the two Sebs in the A team and Kimi and another hot prosect in the B Team all in Redbull colours. I think has been tremendous P.R. for Redbull so far

Daniel - Unregistered

June 16, 2010 2:28 PM

@ Dafydd Larcombe. I have understood that Red Bull and Citroen has a longer sponsorship contact fore the A-team, so no changes there for the next year i think.
About the B-team: I am pretty sure Kimi is going to be in the same team he is now but I just have a feeling they going to arrange it a little bit differently next year and the citroen junior teams name at least is going to be something more Red Bull:ich. Because with this arrangement Citroen has got quite a lot free pr trough Kimi even if Red Bull is paying for the whole party.