WRC » Loeb: I'm under a hell of a lot of pressure

Sebastien Loeb: Given my success rate on this kind of surface, everybody's expecting me to stroll home to an easy victory. But this rally won't be any easier than the others. Quite the opposite in fact.

unwiped bottom - Unregistered

September 27, 2010 12:08 PM

loeb is the most over hyped driver in the history of the WRC, the only reason that he has been successful is because he has been in the best car and his rivals have been in bad ones

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

September 27, 2010 12:47 PM

Im not so sure its really that simple

Yes, Sebastien has driven some sterling Rallies esecially on the Black Stuff

But Danny has given him a run a for his money on many occasions though only to be held back for him to take the win

But Ford Hasnt hit the sweet spot on the Black Stuff since Markko won in Spain way back in 2004

Then you had Duval who almost beat Loeb in Germany in 2007 in the Yellow and White Xzara, as I remember the Gap was about 26 seconds at the end

But, its an impressive run of wins dating right back to 2004 (excluding Marcus winning Monte in 06)

unwiped bottom - Unregistered

September 27, 2010 4:28 PM

Ok which little girl has nicked my name? Obviously she knows I am a huge Loeb fan. I ought to be flattered though, this "twin" of mine must be quite impressed with my previous comments lol

WRC for me - Unregistered

September 27, 2010 5:30 PM

Ive just been watching the 2009 review DVD and even after crashing in Poland and Greece, having penalties for faulty link arms and Daniel taking his seat belt off early, Loeb still went on to take the championship.

As boring as it is knowing that Loeb will win at least the next 2 rallies, he really is the best driver of all time. God that hurt to say that.

Taz

September 27, 2010 5:54 PM

I just wish he was a bit more spectacular but neat and tidy is faster I guess.

Thing is when he got the time penalty on the RAC last year he just upped it 10% and was spectacular through the next stage, he just chooses not to be.

Sure he'll win it again next year and burger off to do sports cars & Le mans, fair play to him. Just hope Ogier and Latvala give him a run for his money next year....for the fans sake.

Alfio - Unregistered

September 27, 2010 7:19 PM

Firt: Loeb is so successful beacause it he knows his place in the team. He is the driver, not engineer or mechanic or teamboss.. He is very good at telling his opinion and then its up to the team co go forward with that.

Second: He (almost) never makes misteakes. Alwasys fast. He's been up to macrae, sainz, duval and so on. He has so controll over what he is doing that it can almost look boring. But not to people that is interested.

Twin Cam Sam - Unregistered

September 27, 2010 7:41 PM

Loeb: I'm under a hell of a lot of pressure

He must have just read the previous article on crash.net entitled 'Wilson eyes best tarmac result oif the year'.......

If I was the Frenchman, I'd be quaking in my racing boots

Nicolai - Unregistered

September 27, 2010 9:23 PM

@Alfio
Third - he has a photographic memory, he drives a road once and then he remembers it. (hence why the few times he has crashed it has been on rallies that are brand new)

Fourth - he is amazingly gentle on his car, he drives it so it doesnt break, try and think back to how many times he has had a mechanical failure.

Fifth - he is a robot :P