WRC » ESPN to show WRC in UK

ESPN takes over from Dave after inking a deal to show the WRC in the UK.

Twin Cam Sam - Unregistered

January 14, 2011 9:28 PM

Doesn't matter which channel it's on, WRC coverage is always sh1te.

The best coverage we ever had was Top Gear Rally Report with William Woolard.

He told the story of the rally, and gave coverage to the privateers and characters of the rally.

Dave was sh1t with Neil Cole, Motors TV is a joke, and as for ESPN....

Look at the IRC on Eurosport, watch the Monte next week. Thats how to cover rallying on TV.

Sam - Unregistered

January 14, 2011 10:10 PM

I won't be paying for ESPN either, can't afford too as I'm already paying out for Sky's top pack and HD. At least Motors TV still have their rights so I can still watch the daily highlights.

WRC for me - Unregistered

January 16, 2011 8:35 PM

Well, I'm a hardended WRC fan and have no interest really in any other sport. Since M and M coverage is rubbish I am gladly going to pay the £12 a month.

Why, because the coverage is longer, better, in HD, has other programmes about the WRC, not just 1 hour on a Sunday and its a measly £144 for the year. Of course I'm not paying £144 for the WRC, they have rugby, NHL, NBA and more so I may get into another sport.

Interstingly enough, you buy a Sun newspaper for what 50p a day for 5 days a week so thats £10 and what do you do with it after?? Bin it.

Ablazze .

January 18, 2011 12:54 PM

Soo the two dozen or so people in the UK who subscribe to ESPN will really help WRC boost there profile :0 , My god the promoters must really be stupid.
Sad to see this as WRC is dying on its feet in the UK.

Jas...

Richard - Unregistered

January 19, 2011 11:28 AM

Terrible news. I've been a huge fan of the WRC since the early 90's. We don't have Sky and can't get Virgin etc. Worked it out that to get Sky plus ESPN etc would cost me over £40 a month - can't justify that for a few hours of rallying every month. I'm not interested in football etc and wouldn't watch it for anything else. This is very bad news for the WRC and its general profile. I wonder what the WRC sponsors and teams think about this? How can this be good news when it's likely to significantly reduce the UK audience and exposure. I am absolutely gutted. I wouldn't mind paying something - but over £40 a month? I'm going to miss the WRC - but hope it'll be back on general TV next season. Bring back Neil Cole on Dave - he was ace!

richie - Unregistered

January 23, 2011 9:49 PM

bad news. Considering I'm already paying £150 a year for tv licence why couldn't the beeb show it? It's a public channel funded by the public. Mr Long says only ESPN were interested. You should look facebook. Shed loads of complaints. Given that, I think the beeb should be thinking of the paying public for the 2012 season.

Trevor - Unregistered

January 24, 2011 8:51 AM

have been a huge wrc fan since i was very young and have watched it since it was on BBC, the only reason I got into it was through wathing it on tv when i was young with the available channels I had onmy parents tv, now im 24 and now we have freeview with more channels I can watch it better than ever, but now its taken away onto a pay to view satelite channel that I dont have access to and do not hav the money for I wont be able to watch it for another 3 years, theres no point oin buying wrc merchandise if I cannot see it on TV whats the point? I an see Im going to loose intrest soon, I have a fan site that I run and will might aswel shut down now after 10 years of running it.
Theres no raly wat so ever on normal tv anymor, nd with all this rubbish thateres no british drivers in it what about irc and british rally then? why isnt that on normal tv? it doesnt matter weather there is or not wrc is still big for the die hard fans in uk, and for yong views who cant go and get espn they won

dave - Unregistered

February 08, 2011 6:19 PM

Have been a fan of wrc for 40 years have subscribed to espn reluctantly but have noticed that there coverage of rally sweden is all over the place sometimes its on at 7pm then the nxt day 11pm. Then the nxt day 9am then the nxt day 2.15pm what does espn realise that some of us have lifes at least with coverage on dave 1, it was free 2,you new when it was on .they might as well keep all the c ars with no sponsors names on them as the sponsors are not going to get the tv advertisment due to less viewers

« 1 2