WRC » Rally Argentina WRC: Result

Sebastien Loeb takes the victory in Argentina, 2.4 seconds up on Mikko Hirvonen; Sebastien Ogier ends up third having had to limp through the final three tests after rolling in SS16 this morning and damaging his car.

RacerX1 - Unregistered

May 29, 2011 7:20 PM

A one minute penalty for showing up early at the regroup? What a lamentable joke this series has become. Loeb's victory here is justice served. He is truly a Master.

WRC for me - Unregistered

May 29, 2011 8:19 PM

Although I do begrudenly agree that Loeb is a superb driver, less we forget that Petter had power sterring troubles, Oiger rolled and Latvala had suspension trouble, all bad luck, not a case of amazing driving, the win was handed to him.

slightlysideways

May 29, 2011 9:27 PM

I was gutted when Ogier rolled, the way things are going it looks like Loeb will win gain this year,hurray. If you look at the run of tarmac events there is ie Spain France Germany it can only be his to throw away.
Ford were very lucky to get a 2nd place finish from this event. Hopefully they can go one better in Greece. And Finland.

WRC for me - Unregistered

May 29, 2011 9:29 PM

I dont understand what you mean, Petter lost shed loads with steering troubles, Ogier rolled (also with damage that slowed him on the power stage) and Latvala retired to rejoin. It wasnt a clean win like he,,,, yyyyaaaawwwwnnnn normally does.

Yes, ok I'll admit it, Im getting a little bored of Loeb winning all the time, yes he is good, no question, its just predictable. Thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

CaptainKaramelo - Unregistered

May 29, 2011 10:16 PM

Trolls are not entitled to opinions.

The fact is Loeb overcame a *1 min* penalty in just one day. He fully deserves this victory.

As for the others, keeping your car alive is part of the job. Some people are equally fast and easy on their machinery. Others, well...

WRC for me - Unregistered

May 30, 2011 8:58 PM

Good job I'm not a troll then. So let me get this straight, on stage 14, Latvala was 1st, Oigier was 2nd, Solberg was 3rd, Hirvonen was 4th, and Loeb 5th 1 minute and 4 seconds behind the leader.

Loeb didn't really overcome a 1 minute penalty did he!! Latvala hit a rock that someone probably put in the road, whether they did or not is not important, he hit a rock and had to retire. Oiger was then 1st, Petter 2nd, Hirvonen 3rd and Loeb 4th. Solberg had steering issues, did he hit something or did the car break, who knows as no one said. He then lost a minute putting him 4th. So far so good, one retiree, one dropped 60+ seconds (a similar time to what Loeb had as a penalty, funny that). Oiger then rolled costing him lots of time as I'm sure you know stopping in the stage costs time losing him even more on the final stages as he had no rear wing for down force, this was even stated on ESPN. on stage 17 Loebs gap from Oiger 13 seconds, one stage later it was 3.3 down to Oigers loss of do

WRC for me - Unregistered

May 30, 2011 9:01 PM

wn force and the car not performing. This is very prevalent in the Power stage where Oiger was 11.1 seconds slower than Petter so you can see Oiger lost more and more time in every stage. Loeb than won by only 2.4 seconds from Hirvonen. If Loeb did anything he only really overtook Hirvonen on SS16.

So all in all, the win was pretty much handed to him by position 1, 2 and 3 drivers having major issues. I'm sure you wouldn't be this happy about a driver coming from 5th to 1 st if was Matt Hapless or Latvala. My opinion still stands, its getting Boring Loeb winning all the time.

1 2  »