WRC » Loeb: I want to avoid doing a Schumacher

Sebastien Loeb: I know that I'm closer to the end of my racing career than to its beginning. If you look at the last few rallies [though], you will see that my driving is still competitive. I am still competing for the title. But I absolutely don't know what will be after the end of this season.

MrMajestik

August 12, 2011 6:10 PM

GOD! Unbelievable records!

I sure hope Mr. Solberg, Mr. Sainz, and Mr. Makinen don't all come out of the woodwork telling this guy what he should do with his time and career...

Oh and BTW Schumi should have continued, but after 7 WDC, a guy needs a little break...too much perhaps for Mr. Schumacher who was (and is) a God in his own right

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

August 13, 2011 11:15 AM

Katee,

I dont think thats quite a fair comment, i know this guy knows how to win titles but there are 4 other drivers out there faster on some stages and all in the title hunt

I hope Seb decides to either stay and chase 10 straight titles or do something interesting like sign with VW and lead them to water

or maybe sign for Mini or Ford so we can all see what he can do in somone elses car

I would like to see him break with tradition and maybe shake it up a little

slightlysideways

August 13, 2011 11:49 AM

Dafydd,
I can't see Loeb winning a title for a new manufacturer, realistically part of the reason he won so much was he had a marginally faster car at times that rarely if ever broke down. It will take vw several years to develop their car properly, same with mini.
Ogier would destroy Loeb if he stayd at citroen, and Loeb went to vw

katee

August 13, 2011 1:00 PM

Dafydd,

yes they can be faster on some stages, even on sorme rallies but it isn't enough. We can see it for last 8 years (if I count also this season). Loeb always destroys them on tarmac anyway.

I would love to see him to win 10 titles, yes I am his fan because he is something special. I think Mini needs few years to get to the Citroen/Ford level (if they ever manage it) and with VW - I doubt he will sign with the team which doesn't even have a car. And also - I doubt the car will be a winner from their first season and Loeb is not young enough to wait. Plus there is that thing with 2012 break which is precisely something Loeb wants to avoid according this article. So the only remaining team is Ford and I read somewhere that JML and Mikko signing for the next season(s) is only a formality..

So it's either Citroen or Le Mans/other circuit racing for him next season.

CaptainKaramelo - Unregistered

August 13, 2011 4:55 PM

That makes me laugh when people question Loeb's ultimate pace, arguing he's a one-manufacturer guy and he might not be doing so well in another car.

Wake up, folks! We're talking about a guy that sits in an F1 car for the first time ever and BANG! beats half the field at their very own game. Now is that a different-enough kind of car for you?

Love it or hate it, the man is simply ex-cep-tio-nal!