WRC » Best of British at Rallyday 2011

Rain fails to stop play as Kris Meeke, Matthew Wilson, Jimmy McRae, Gwyndaf Evans, Russell Brookes, Brian Culcheth, Phil Collins and Ben Collins, aka The Stig, entertain the crowds at Rallyday 2011.

WRC75

September 20, 2011 10:55 AM

I visited the show and had a great day, got some good stuff, bought a nice polo shirt for WalesrallyGB and got some good photos. If you didnt go this year, make sure you go next year.

Boy that mini is loud!!

Mike - Unregistered

September 20, 2011 12:54 PM

I went for the first time this year and will not be going again. Not sure how you can have a rally day and not have any audi quattro's lined up and only 2 reasonably current WRC cars. Fair enough it was cheap to buy a ticket, but in terms of overall experience it can't hold a candle to the Goodwood festival of speed.

What are other people's thoughts? Did they enjoy it?

WRC75

September 21, 2011 12:12 AM

ah bless, you've been checking up on me. Actually I am not part of the rallyday PR time, I have been posting on here for some time but only just registered and it wouldn't let me have my original name which was WRC for me. Still, thanks for looking, I'll try and add some stats. Bit weird of you though.

Grant - Unregistered

September 21, 2011 9:39 AM

@Slightlysideways. Did you go to event? What did you make of it? I've been lots of times and while the weather was a pain this year, I enjoyed seeing the new Mini WRC.

Iwentandenjoyedit - Unregistered

September 21, 2011 3:00 PM

I went to rallyday and enjoyed it very much although is has been better in previous years. Not as many group Bs as usual though which was a shame and no rallycross cars which make even group Bs look pedestrian. Still a good event though with a good diversity of cars past and present. Great to see WRC cars at full tilt too. As a Mk2 fan its always nice to see Phil Collins red Mk2 Escort upsetting the local Subarus on the track sessions.