WRC » Loeb claims Spanish win, Citroen take manufacturers'

Sebastien Loeb wins Rally de Espana and will now go to Wales Rally GB with an eight point lead over Mikko Hirvonen in the drivers' championship; Sebastien Ogier's late retirement rules him out of title race.

Aye - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 12:15 PM

I wonder if Hirvonen can sleep at night? I know that if I was him and I had be constantly gifted positions by my team-mate then I would feel fairly useless. Fair enough, Hirvonen's had some bad luck this year, like in Finland, but that doesn't excuse the fact that Latvala is 10 times the driver than what Hirvonen is. I hope Mikko crashes out on Wales Rally GB, just to teach himself and Malcolm a lesson.

slightlysideways

October 25, 2011 12:25 PM

The only reason m sport hasn't won a driver's championship is because of Loeb. If he was with them they could have enjoyed almost as much success as citroen. His consistency and outright speed has made him the driving force behind citroen over the last few years. In fairness to malcolm he has come tantalisingly close on several occasions ie with marcus and mikko.

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 2:25 PM

@AYE :

I agreed with what you were saying right upto Mikko Crashing, shame on you for suggesting that !!

Loeb was very Lucky to win in Spain, the Dust was terrible, it was still hanging around when the next car was coming, for the 1st few minutes after a car no one could see anyone else much less where the road was

Also Jari had a puncture and spun out on SS6, Overall he was faster than Loeb on day 2, also Petter hit that Storm Drain in SS1 (So did Block and Tannak)

The Dust slowed Mikko, Jari, Ogier and Dani loads, but then again Im a Ford supporter so my opinion may Lean towards Ford, but Well done anyway to Seb and Citroen for the Win and the Title, winning is never easy

MKD - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 2:51 PM

@Dafydd Larcombe
And sweeping the road on Friday afternoon by Loeb isn't disadvantage according to you right?
Hirvonen will never be faster than Loeb on tarmac and gravel except on snow. Latvala's spinning isn't Loeb's problem that is his inconsistency and he was faster on day 2 only 3s.

Twin Cam Sam - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 8:35 PM

@ MKD

I don't think sweeping the roads is too much of an issue on Rally GB, it's wet and slippery for everyone, and can times will be slower when the stages start to cut up.

Certainly won't be a problem on the Orme !

Taz - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 12:04 AM

@Twin Cam Sam

Reckon Loeb will do the business, I'd like to see a new winner on merit...not team order as blatant as Wilson has dished out this year. Sure I'll get some disagrees but I never rated Miki Biasion, Hiroven is in a similar mould.

MKD - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 3:08 PM

@Twin Cam Sam

I meant sweeping the roads on Friday afternoon in Spain by Loeb was hindrance for him. For GB it may be advantage to be first on the road.

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 11:23 AM

Sweeping the roads in Spain on day 1 was a slight dissadvantage compared to the 2nd and 3rd cars, Latvala had a better advantage but the Dust completely reversed that advantage

You had to be there to see just how bad the dust was, it was terrible, drivers were almost stopping to see. I know this from driving in the dust as a driver myself, it is very dangerous as the road intermittently dissapears and like with Latvala you can easily go off being confused where the road really is

I dont care what you guys think, I only know how it was, Loeb had it Lucky on Day 1, Jari Matti would of beaten him had he not gone off in the dust and the Dark of SS6 and lost nearly a minute, and then the Gap between Mikko and Loeb would be miniscule !!

Fact ! ! ! !