WRC » Welsh win for Latvala, Loeb takes title

Jari-Matti Latvala ends season on a high with victory in Wales, while Sebastien Loeb takes his eighth WRC drivers' title, despite having to retire on the final day following an accident on the road section after SS18...

Taz - Unregistered

November 14, 2011 12:28 AM

"it's been a good event for us"

Look up self Delusion "the act or fact of deluding oneself."

5th place came from Loeb, Hirvonen, Solberg, Sordo, Ogier...(and probably Raikkonen) leaving the road or having mishaps, ok you could say staying on the road deserves some in his 8th season but 1.5 minutes behind Meeke after Meeke's mechanical woes is NOT a good result.

Sorry but it's a fact....quite hopeless.

JOHN - Unregistered

November 14, 2011 1:46 AM

Hands up to Loeb. Only a vastly experienced driver can obtain 8 world titles despite little competition in WRC. Only Schumacher (F1) & Rossi (MotoGP) have 7 WC's each. Now the question is can Vettel (F1) win 9 WC's????? Thats assuming Loeb doesnt win 9 WC's next year

Straughan - Unregistered

November 14, 2011 2:43 AM

I use to love the WRC when sainz, kankunnen, mcrae, auriol,makinen, gronholm, burns were all involved as it was exciting and sorry to say Loeb has made this sport boring and he is so full of himself and has no media skills. He is a good driver but has been very lucky with at least 3 of his world champs as gronholm always found ways to stuff it up. I have turned to F1 now.

Chris - Unregistered

November 14, 2011 8:57 AM

Agree with Taz. No-one from M-Sport can be proud of Hapless' performance this weekend. Can anyone think of any driver who has done as little with 87 WRC starts in a works/semi works car? This was his 8th Rally GB start and he finished some 9mins behind JML. A classic Hapless performance and a disgrace. Can't even claim top Brit anyomre having been trounced by Meeke on only his 8th rally in a WRC car. Hapless also scored 11 less points than last season. I hope no-one buys a Ford again until they ditch Hapless.

richard

November 14, 2011 10:36 AM

straughan. loeb is "so up himself"? are you for real?
seb is one of the most unassuming drivers in the wrc series. further he has formed his own team to enter lms, so he is prepared to put his money into his sport. and to cap it all, he is also a good race driver.

Dafydd Larcombe - Unregistered

November 14, 2011 11:02 AM

Im sure the titile said Latvala wins and Loeb Retires !

Lets not go on about Matt Wilson all the time Guys !

I know he doesnt show the potential to improve beyond his current level, but it is what it is

There are lots of drivers who are in the same boat like Quassimi and Raikkonen to name but a few. But lets try and be positive and talk about more interesting things, it was a thrilling weekend but a shame the fight didnt go on any longer than it did

I sometimes dont even look on Crash.net much less bother to post my thoughts as I have become bored with the constant Matt Bashing, Im not sticking up for the kid, im just saying Im bored with this constant Matt Bashing thing and its dissapointing to see it all the time

I would much prefer to read positive thoughts on interesting topics regarding the Sport that we are clearly passionate about

Taz - Unregistered

November 14, 2011 11:21 AM

@Dafydd

Yeah, me bad, he's an easy target I guess. Still we'll have Kris Meeke to cheer next year and he has genuine talent and speed, just needs to cut out the mistakes.

I'll try and not mention Matt again....if he gets a full program and a semi-works Fiesta WRC again I may struggle to hold my tongue though.

Chris - Unregistered

November 14, 2011 11:26 AM

Dafydd, the problem is Hapless says or puts out press releases: "Wow, what a weekend! ...it's been a good event for us. We've not made any big mistakes... We've found a good rhythm today and we've been able to enjoy ourselves too so we are very happy,”

He lays himself open to it. Why can't be honest with the fans and say: "A terrible weekend for my Dad, humiliated again, he'll lucky if he keeps the Ford contract. As for me I didn't help and showed once again for the 87th time I don't deserve this car".

1 2 3 4  »