WRC » Meeke to miss Monte

Kris Meeke's to have to sit out WRC 2012 opener in Monte Carlo

Mrploppy - Unregistered

December 23, 2011 3:09 PM

I think its been very clear from the outset that mini/bmw have been trying to get a wrc program on the cheap & now it has finally come to a head with them not putting the money up for a full entry next year. Its really harsh on kris who did a good job last year with limited experience & arguably he could of gone really well on this event because its one he actually has experiance of it.

John Kilbride - Unregistered

December 23, 2011 3:33 PM

It is pure bo**ox
Do prodrive not have any input into who they hold on to.
Taking into account the amount of work Kris did testing and developing this car, I feel everyone at Mini,BMW and Prodrive should. be shot with balls of their own sh*te

RS Cosworth - Unregistered

December 23, 2011 4:14 PM

Really feel for Meeke - I had hoped this drive would see him become a world champion.

What are the chances of getting a Guy Wilks style '500 Club' on the go to raise the money for his seat?

I'll chip in!

Stephen - Unregistered

December 23, 2011 5:48 PM

Such a shame. Why bmw went into this if they were not going to follow through with the funding. I have driven bmw's for over a decade and I think if this is the they treat up and coming talent it will be my last. The point of them doing the wrc was to sell cars and with this messing they just lost one sale. I just hope kris gets the chance he deserves.

Twin Cam Sam - Unregistered

December 23, 2011 6:04 PM

Absolute shocker !

I really feel for Kris. This is a BMW issue, not a Prodrive issue.

Why did they bother entering the WRC ? You either commit to developing a car, and running two top drivers, or don't bother. Watch the MIni start going backwards next year because the development money isn't there.

As for this second driver for the Monte, I've never even heard of him. Even Sordo can only confirm 10 rounds.... What a mess !

I hope Paddy Hopkirk ends his association with them in protest.

Sweden? - Unregistered

December 23, 2011 6:52 PM

If Sordo does 10 events, my guess is that Meeke will do maybe 5 events and in other events 2nd car is given to drivers who are paying for their drives!

I think in Sweden we will see some Scandinavian driver with Sordo... Team has no bidget to run with 2 works drivers.

1 2 3  »