WRC » World Rally Driver of the Year vote: Full results

Sebastien Loeb came out top in your World Rally Driver of the Year 2011 vote - but what were the surprises? And who's missing from the top ten run down?

richard

January 04, 2012 1:01 PM

taz. everybody , except one, beat matt! what a shocking result for a "works" driver.

incidentally, why is crash not posting news from the dakar? looking at the coverage, have you seen what is masquerading as a MINI? it is a replica coupe body, on a chassis which is probably a bmw x5. first time i've seen a mini that was over 7 foot tall!

The Professor - Unregistered

January 04, 2012 4:04 PM

Once again the results here fail to reflect reality. By any objective metric, the top WRC driver this year was Kimi Raikkonen.

Here are my results, generated using an extremely complex algorithm which I will not publish details of as the maths would be beyond most readers.

1. Kimi - 8.324
2. Sebastian Ogier - 4.23
3. Latvala - 4.123
4. Loeb - 3.832

richard

January 04, 2012 7:09 PM

if that was the case, kimis inversions would have reduced him to .823. meanwhile, matt never got anywhere near an inversion, and taking into account the stobart removal tractive dimotion, he would actually finish up with 10.234.

so well done matt, you actually won something.

Taz

January 04, 2012 8:20 PM

A variable constant ? bizzare.....

I write software for a living and something that is constant 'Const' can never change...unlike a variable :? Mind you considering some of the sh1te I've had to debug recently, not much makes sense anymore.

It does seem to be a scientific term but even the explaination I read makes no sense.....So Matty having 5 years in a perfectly good Focus RS was a variable constant :p

JoePike - Unregistered

January 05, 2012 5:00 PM

I happen to be an IT professionnel
My comments was meant as a joke.
Obviously my english is less efficient than my native language.
But I understood that the algorithm comment was also a joke
Did I miss something else ?