WRC » Loeb secures third win on trot in New Zealand

Sebastien Loeb wins in NZ and concludes the first half of the 2012 WRC championship with a comfortable lead in the drivers' championship

MKD - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 6:22 PM

Because WRC doesn't have promoter FIA is making problems to the host countries. FIA priority should be to find one.
And if Ford leaves again there will be 2 official factory teams Citroen and VW considering MINI isn't factory team. MINI with their actions made their reputation to fall but obviously they don't care because they know WRC doesn't have enough audience.

MrQwerty

June 25, 2012 8:41 PM

I think we all dream of a Citroen vs Ford vs Toyota vs Volkswagen vs Mini future.
I don't think the standard of drivers is that bad anyway, in Loeb, Ogier, Latvala, Hirvonen and Solberg the basic nucleus of a very competitive series is there. Add in Sordo as one of the best tarmac drivers never to win a rally, it is clear that the sport's problem is a manufacturer deficiency.

Taz

June 25, 2012 8:46 PM

Please excuse my pessimism, I'm just fed up of the FIA running the sport down, the one thing I hoped Todt would do was to help rallying considering his routes but he's just a politician.

stefanvv

June 25, 2012 9:07 PM

@MrQwerty
If add Ostberg, Novikov, Tanak and Neuvile in factory teams, it seems interesting times will come for WRC. I just don't think Mini will be part of it, but who knows, may be BMW will change their politics. For sure next year will be more interesting at least than this one.

MrQwerty

June 25, 2012 9:38 PM

@ stefanvv

Yeah, I'm worried about Mini but I can dream :)
To be honest, whilst the signs are fine I still won't quite believe that a competitive VW will be starting until I see it next year. Having said that, Ogier must have faith in it, there's no way he'd have made that move otherwise. I think Ogier is the best driver aside from Loeb, Hirvonen doesn't quite have that edge he had in 2009 in my opinion. As for the ones you mentioned, Neuville look extremely promising and the others are showing what they can do in varying degrees.

stefanvv

June 25, 2012 10:21 PM

@MrQwerty
Sure, dreams are free:) I think it is a shame that Mini went this way after promising last tear with Sordo and Meeke. If there is no progress in the team support and Latvalla really goes to VW, Sordo will be willing to join Ford.

VW - hmm, they seem quite serious about it, no less than AUDI have been in 1982 I hope, Ogier would go there if there is no reason for it for sure, he is quite ambitious and there is reason for it as he is one the of the best drivers out there. Hirvonen last years is "the second", he is fast but is not prone to take risks which I believe is essential to be a champ. May be he is hoping Loeb to retire soon, so Citroen will promote him #1.

The Young drivers are looking promising, I'm especially impressed by Novikov's growth in every rally this year, looks like changing his naigator changed him completely, Ostberg is for sure one of the best at loose surfaces especially snow, I don't know about tarmac, Tanak is fast but has still lot to learn, he has b

« 1 2 3 4  »