WRC » Yvan Muller back for 2012 Rally France

The reigning World Touring Car Champion Yvan Muller is to compete in October's Rally France in a MINI with the Prodrive WRC Team alongside Dani Sordo.

Markko - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 3:56 PM

For a second i read the title wrong - Kris Meeke back for 2012 Rally France.

Then I seen the picture and i was obviously mistaken. Kris doesn't have a grey beard!!

Nor does he have enough talent to warrant a chance - thats what MINI's is telling the world with their attitude currently!

Correct me if I am wrong - didnt Kris win a rally in Ireland in a privateer MINI? So, it must be paid, as I personally cannot see Yvan being in the top 6 - there is too many "good" regular drivers.

Best of luck.

Jordan - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 4:28 PM

@Markko Kris did yes, in fact he decimated the opposition. The rally was the Lurgan Park Rally.

But, Kris has no money therefore he has to talent according to BMW. However, Paulo Nobre has lots of talent apparently, and lots of money, so he deserves a works drive.

Nanbawan - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 9:00 PM

Top 6 I don't know but Yvan is definitely capable of getting in a top 10 position. He's good at driving any kind of tin top and on tarmac he may give some of the regulars a run for their money...

And don't forget, like Loeb, Muller is from Alsace...Well, one is from the North, the other is from the southern part.

guyfos - Unregistered

September 01, 2012 8:39 AM

@markko

I'm not sure winning a small rally in northern Ireland against a bunch of 2nd rate drivers in 5 year old cars justifies Meeke getting a wrc seat lol.

DafyddLarcombe

September 01, 2012 1:40 PM

Meeke did however finish 3rd Overall on Rally GB last year in his 1st year as a works Driver on selected Rallies, If he had done every Rally this year I could see him getting Regular Podiums by now

This is quite simply Talent going to waste

WRC for me - Unregistered

September 01, 2012 1:40 PM

Well, if I win the lotto, I will most certainly pay myself for Kris to have a drive but not in a mini. Being a VW Audi man, I might consider one of those new Polo's but it may well be a Fiesta. F$%K BMW for crapping on a Brit with talent.

JoePike - Unregistered

September 01, 2012 4:46 PM

I guess you should thank a british ( David Richards) for having bulshitted everyone in saying that the germans were involved.
The deal was that Prodrive was bringing the money and will break engines during testing and will get the german Know-how in return.
Prodrive did not bring any money and Prodrive refused to break engines during test sessions( this was clearly told to me by a prodrive engineer during a test session in Baumholder in response to my enquiry about the absence of any BMW engineer).
This is where you are now.
The tough part is that Meeke and Sordo and now even Araujo are the victims of this mascarade.
This is a pure Prodrive failure and not some BMW crapping on a Britt

Tom - Unregistered

September 01, 2012 9:38 PM

Sounds counterintuitive that joe manufacturers use companies like pro drive due to their knowledge in a specific field then the manufacturer (the one who makes a profit) brings the money as its good pr for them?

@guyfos paulo nobre wouldn't have won that rally and those second rate drivers could teach you some manners