WRC » Citroen confirms future, but Loeb scales back

Citroen will continue to play a central role in the WRC next season, but Sebastien Loeb confirms that he will not be a full-time runner in the series as he eyes alternative outlets for his racing passion.

Sandro - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 12:56 PM

Actually, considering the other drivers joining the fray next year may end up winning alternate events, there is a possibility of Loeb becoming the WC is he wins everything where he participate.

Bill - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 1:00 PM

Either do the full programme or nothing. This on and off thing pisses me off just look at the Prodrive Mini team. Your either in the championship or your not simple.

chris - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 2:03 PM

I think is going to level things up between ford and citroen next year. Not because Loeb will be part-time but purely from a development and funding point of view. Loeb will probably go down in history as the greatest but let us not forget, he had full factory backing for all of 8(9) titles. I dont know the figures but Im sure ford are running at a fraction of the citroen budget. My guess that citroen have now secured funding to compete in 2013 but the budget they have will now be more on a par with ford. All we have to do is see what VW do. If they throw their full mite behind the programme, factory budget not an issue, then when they get some competitive miles under their belts they may be unstoppable just as citroen were/are. I wonder will Hyundai give this it full commitment and what kind of budget they are willing to spend. Anyone remember the Suzuki a few years back!!!!!!!!!!

Me - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 2:17 PM

I hate it when people refer to Loeb as the greatest ever. Yes he is the best of this generation but not the greatest ever. If Loeb wanted that title he should have moved to a few different teams in his career and won some titles with them not just stick with the best team out there for his entire career.

Chris - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 4:48 PM

@ Me. I didn't refer to lobe as the GOAT. I merely said he will probably go down in history as GOAT. In my mind that leaves the door open for debate. You need to chill out a bit dude.

Me - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 5:10 PM

@ chris I was not attacking what you where saying and if it sounded like that then I apologise. I was just saying he is not the Greatest of all time (GOAT). To me there are 3 who would deserve that title either Tommy Makinen, Carlos Sainz or Colin McRae.

The WRC in them days was a hell of a lot more challenging compared to what it is now. Now if it rains too much they cancel stages.

cas - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 5:35 PM

they generally only cancel the stages to guarantee the health and safety of the spectators, there have been more than a couple of accidents over the years where spectators have been hurt or killed admittedly from memory they weren't generally due to the weather but with people being sued for just about anything its probably the insurers forcing the issue rather than the organizers/drivers/teams

1 2 3  »