WRC » Loeb: This is what we came to do

Sebastien Loeb: There were two rallies left where I could have won the title, but I'm really very happy to do it here for the fans in Alsace

DafyddLarcombe

October 08, 2012 11:42 AM

Well Done to Seb, 9 Titles in a Row just goes to prove how this Driver Understands how to win Championships, Something most drivers seem to battle with all their career

Consistancy is clearly the key, hence why Mikko is always right up there, even when he isnt winning Rallies outright. It will be very interesting to see how 2013 unfolds

I cant wait for next years season to start now that everyone has a chance to win Rallies and to see who will be 2013 WRC Champion, the sport can now become a lot more interesting

WRC for me - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 12:43 PM

Although I agree with most of your comment, isnt it a show of how poor it has got when you say you can't wait for next season so everyone has a chance to win rallies and the sport may become more interesting.

A sad show when we all know with 99% certainty who will win and him being so successful has almost killed off the WRC. Weird.

Markko - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 1:38 PM

To WRC for me:
The principle of sport (whatever sport it is) is to show best possible performance. Therefore it can happen that someone is dominating for a long time, but this isn't his fault (sometimes nor his oppositors). If you are interested in changable results, you have to rely on some other factors than performance (luck, hazard etc.). Everyone must tell to himself, what he wants to watch - good performance or good show. These two just don't go with eachother...

WRC for me - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 3:21 PM

Whatever, the fact remains, and I'm not the only one saying or thinking it is he has effectively ruined the WRC for many people. Yes the FIA has also done a sterling job in doing that themselves but whenever you watch you can almost guarantee that Solberg, pushing too hard to gain in Loeb, will crash out, Latvala will be close behind and often hedging it, Hirvonen, although in the same car as Loeb will be nowhere near as close and Hapless will be 8th 10 minutes behind.

By Loeb being so good. All he has done is gone against what people want which is competition. Remember Gronholm in the Peugeot? They won the manufacturers so many times by having 4 cars and Gronholm won year after year. That also got boring.

simon - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 3:26 PM

Well done to Seb and Daniel (again) for a job well done. The fact that Mikko has been beat as well using the same equipment proves that SL & DE really are the masters of their trade, hopefully no more team orders and we might see Seb and Mikko fight to the finish on at least one rally. Like Dafydd I am looking forward to 2013 as the championship needs a shake up because it has become very much a one horse race. A quicker Fiesta,V.W. arriving, driver changes and with Hyundai (I predict a big budget) coming onto the scene things are sure to become more competitive.

Nealio - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 3:38 PM

I like competition and so I've enjoyed watching Sebastien Loeb's driving over the past nine seasons. He has prevailed over many talented opponents and is a real champion, bravo Loeb!

MKD - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 4:10 PM

According to some people here, if someone is super talented he is ruining the sport?? So he should stay at home and watch WRC on TV because he'll beat them?? He should keep his talent for himself because someone thinks it's boring to be winning everything?? Very weird...

Lama - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 4:47 PM

As long as Loeb respects his rivals ( and I dont recall any stressful situtations between the drivers ) he deserves our admiration, nobody should blame him for being a 9 times world champion.

WRC for me - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 5:07 PM

Some people on here? Be specific, it's me.

Even when Loeb broke his shoulder and missed 4 events he still won. You like competition? This isn't competition. It's slaughter to everyone else. When I say to my missus ON EVERY RALLY "guess who's winning", she always says Loeb. It's inevitable and just plain boring and many followers over the last few years on this site have stated the same thing.

Yes he is talented, there is NO doubting that, but for me and many others who have switched off the WRC it's just the same old same old. That's all I'm saying, like it or lump it, it's a fact.

1 2 3  »