F1 » Kate Walker: The Max and Bernie show... again

Kate Walker files her latest column for Crash.net about the potential revival of the Max and Bernie show..

Monythedog

September 24, 2013 11:17 AM

Its time for the old to bow out gracefully.

Bernie has made his billions, is embroiled in god knows what and Max is well just a bit dodgy. With all the money involved I am staggered that these two still have their feet on the ladder..

Its time F1 was run for the benefit of the fans and not Bernie and his spoilt brat kids!!!

Texas Roadhouse

September 24, 2013 1:42 PM

@Money
Since when has any sport been "for the fans"? Sports are there for the participants. If you enjoy that sport and want to watch, then fine. But don't expect changes to be made just to suit you, the onlooker.
If you don't like it, go watch something else, or live with it the way it is.
All sports develop, and changes occur, some good, some not-so-good.
Unfortunately, with the commercialisation of many sports, including motor racing, changes have come about which are made purely to "spice up the show".
Those should be put where they belong, in a locked, dark room (and the key thrown away).

General:
Mosley, for all his faults, was, at least, an FIA President who took action, hauling that organisation into the real world, transforming it from a French "blazer club" into a body actually doing a lot of good in areas across the motoring spectrum.

Leave his private life where it belongs - in private. Many of those hypocrites decrying his behaviour would do well to look at their own pri

Texas Roadhouse

September 24, 2013 1:45 PM

cont'd
private lives first and ask if they would like their behaviour to be splashed over the tabloid press.

"Take the plank out of your own eye before talking about the splinter in my eye".

And yes, I would rather see Mosley back at the helm of the FIA instead of the non-entity there at present.

Monythedog

September 24, 2013 2:16 PM

@ Texas Roadhouse

I assume you are referring to me.

You are missing one fundamental point in your argument.

Without fans there is no F1.......

Mosley may have fixed a problem. But I for one would not jump out the frying pan into the fire. He is corrupt and has cheated on his family in the most abhorrent way. How you can even think about support someone of his calibre surprises me.

The F1 teams are talking about getting the FIA run like a business. CEO, FD, Technical director for individual categories ect. Why would you run such a powerful and influential organisation with the majority of its powers concentrated in one persons hands and that individual you support to do that particular job is none other than Max Mosley.

The sport needs to be dragged into the modern age with no concessions being shown for individuals powers or egos. Like I said the sport is for the supporters and fans.

Taz

September 24, 2013 3:28 PM

"Leave his private life where it belongs"

It's hard not to have a giggle. The paper shut though so he had the last laugh.

His parents had a famous guest at their wedding....Hilter.

Texas Roadhouse

September 24, 2013 6:33 PM

@ money - F1 fans (at the circuit) are largely irrelevant - a few hundred thousand. TV and advertising revenue is all they are concerned about (which is why Ecclestone controls circuit advertising). As far as I am aware, there are no cable or satellite packages where F1 coverage is the sole portion (either here in the US, or over in UK/Europe) - multi-sports yes. So how, other than those damned viewer surveys, does one exercise one's preferences? As mrfill correctly states - F1 is a business - no more, no less.

Hey Taz - who's Hilter?

I agree - I had something of a laugh when I heard the revelations, and the way that rag went about getting it's "news" brought infinitely more shame to Britain than anything MM ever did - but I cannot recall hearing anyone talk about Raikkonen in a similar vein - even though his parties - certainly before his departure from Ferrari were - let's just put it "something else". Just my view. And since I'm not whiter than white, I won't express any outrage

1 2  »