WRC » 'Paint It Orange' film remembers Burns

Take time to watch a moving seven-minute film, featuring the highlights of Richard Burns' competition career as well as the intimate details of his courageous fight against cancer.

Phillip Kite - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 10:45 PM

Richard Burns was one of my Heros! I had the pleasure to meet with him on several rounds of the WRC in New Zealand - he was an amazing person.
I have some photos of him on webshots, search richard burns - by member pakman6210 - album 'richard burns'

Will be buying a t shirt.

badaddthelad - Unregistered

November 11, 2011 1:18 AM

every time i watch that, it puts lump in my throat and tear in my eye. What a guy and what a legend.
All through my childhood richard was the one that gave me the passion to follow the rally each year, eagerly glued to every bit of coverage, desperate to see 'burns GB' in the battle for top spot, then every november me and the old man would be stood in a forest usualy froze and wet to watch the season climax. A big part of that passion died along with RB but with this years campaign knowing that millions of fans world wide are tributing to his legacy has urged me to get to wales this weekend with my boys and have a bloody good time!

Lionel Unitt - Unregistered

November 10, 2011 7:06 PM

A moving video. I can remember meeting him at Ruawai and having a chat. In those days they turned up and jumped out of there cars and you could touch and talk with them. You could even walk around his car. He was telling the group of us (about 5 of us) how the cars clutch was not going well. That was in the Peugeot. I can remember the guy who in his england accent saying in england you could not do this as they had 10 deep layers of security around him. But here in New Zealand, in a little country township there he was. Amazing... the next year they put up barriers and you where 3-5m away from them. Some of the best memories with my dad was that years Rally. And I can say - I met Richard Burns and talked with him. A bloody nice guy....

Smugbastard - Unregistered

November 08, 2011 10:46 PM

Sad and moving film its bad enough when anybody suffers like this but these characters come through your tv and and get close to to you in a funny way and piece of you goes when they do.

Twin Cam Sam - Unregistered

November 08, 2011 7:32 PM

A very moving film. I followed Richard's career right from the early days in the 205 challenge. It was obvious he was a star in the making, and he was well supported by David Williams. I was at the end of Margam in 2001, and got back to Felindre service park to see Richard and Robert arrive in the Subaru service area. Fantastic memories. Can't believe it is 10 years ago, and that we lost Richard just 4 years later, and then Colin as well.

A great era of British rallying. Today's team bosses need to give other young British drivers with glimpses of talent the same chances.

Twin Cam Sam - Unregistered

November 08, 2011 7:32 PM

IdiocyPersonified

November 08, 2011 10:54 AM

Very moving film. Such a tragic loss and at such a young age. What an immense talent he was.

It's hard to believe that two of the worlds greatest ever rally drivers, both of them British, are no longer with us.......

RIP Richard