The FIA, the governing body for the WRC, released the entry list for 2009 on Monday and following the loss of Subaru and Suzuki only four teams have registered for the new season, which starts in Ireland at the end of this month.
The Citroen Total WRT, the BP Ford Abu Dhabi WRT and the Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Rally Team all continue, while the sole newcomer is the Citroen Junior Team.
The Munchi's Ford WRT has yet to submit an entry, just like the Adapta World Rally Team, although
provisions exist for additional manufacturer teams to register up until March 1.
The entry list, as of January 12, is as follows:
2009 FIA World Rally Championship - List of entrants:
1. Citroen Total WRT
Sebastien Loeb M
2. Citroen Total WRT Daniel Sordo M
3. BP Ford Abu Dhabi WRT
Mikko Hirvonen M
4. BP Ford Abu Dhabi WRT Jari-Matti Latvala M
5. Stobart VK M-Sport Ford RT Matthew Wilson or Henning Solberg or Urmo Aava MT
6. Stobart VK M-Sport Ford RT Matthew Wilson or Henning Solberg or Urmo Aava MT
7. Citroen Junior Team Sebastien Ogier or Chris Atkinson or Conrad Rautenbach or Evgeny Novikov MT
8. Citroen Junior Team Sebastien Ogier or Chris Atkinson or Conrad Rautenbach or Evgeny Novikov MT
* Under the 2009 Sporting Regulations, the above competition numbers will not change throughout the Championship.
Drivers in italics
were not included on the entry list released by FIA. Most of these drivers' have, however, been confirmed by their respective teams.
denotes Manufacturer entry.
denotes Manufacturer Team.