WRC » 18 January 2012
Loeb ends opening day in P1
Francois Delecour shined on his first outing in a WRC car for nearly 10 years and concluded the day with the second best time in Burzet - St Martial 2. The 49-year-old will now be hoping to maintain that momentum on day two when he continues aboard his M-Sport Ford WRT Fiesta RS WRC.
Further back, Pierre Campana is eighth in the second works MINI WRC Team entry, albeit more than a minute off P7. Campana managed two top-ten times today, his best effort a sixth quickest time in SS1.
Of the rest, Ott Tanak and P-G Andersson round out the top ten, the latter on course for the SWRC class honours, although with only three runners nominating this event, it is not exactly closely contested.
In terms of retirements, in addition to Latvala, day 1 also claimed a number of other scalps, most noticeably Citroen Junior WRT DS3 WRC man Thierry Neuville, Ford Fiesta RS WRC privateer Julien Maurin, P-G's Proton team-mate, Giandomenico Basso and PWRC runner Lorenzo Bertelli.
In the PWRC, Michal Kosciuszko leads, although again, like the SWRC, only two competitors remain.
The action now continues on Thursday and includes two loops of three stages with around 132 competitive kilometres on the bill. SS5, the 19.00 km-run through Labatie d'Andaure-Lalouvesc 1, gets underway at 09.33 hours local time [08.33 hours British time].
Rally Monte Carlo: Overall standings after Stage 4 (Top 10):
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen Total WRT DS3 WRC 1hour 30mins 30.1secs M
2. Dani Sordo MINI WRC Team John Cooper Works WRC +01mins 04.2secs M
3. Petter Solberg Ford WRT Fiesta RS WRC +01mins 05.2secs M
4. Sebastien Ogier Volkswagen Motorsport Skoda Fabia S2000 +02mins 21.1secs
5. Evgeny Novikov M-Sport Ford WRT Fiesta RS WRC +02mins 26.5secs M
6. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen Total WRT DS3 WRC +02mins 30.0secs M
7. Francois Delecour M-Sport Ford WRT Fiesta RS WRC +02mins 49.4secs
8. Pierre Campana MINI WRC Team John Cooper Works WRC +04mins 09.7secs M
9. Ott Tanak M-Sport Ford WRT Fiesta RS WRC +04mins 15.3secs M
10. P-G Andersson Proton Motorsport Satria Neo S2000 +04mins 33.8secs S
11. Kevin Abbring Volkswagen Motorsport Skoda Fabia S2000 +04mins 43.6secs
12. Matthew Wilson Go Fast Energy WRT Fiesta RS WRC +06mins 05.1secs
13. Martin Prokop Czech Ford National Team Fiesta RS WRC +07mins 31.3secs
14. Craig Breen Ford Fiesta S2000 +07mins 51.8secs S
15. Armindo Araujo Armindo Araujo WRT MINI Cooper Works WRC +08mins 38.7secs M
16. Henning Solberg Go Fast Energy WRT Fiesta RS WRC +10mins 28.3secs
17. Michal Kosciuszko Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X +10mins 29.1secs P
SWRC standings after Stage 4:
1. P-G Andersson Proton Motorsport Satria Neo S2000 1hour 35mins 03.9secs S
2. Craig Breen Ford Fiesta S2000 +03mins 18.0secs S
PWRC standings after Stage 4:
1. Michal Kosciuszko Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X 1hour 40mins 59.2secs P
2. Louise Cook Ford Fiesta ST 40mins 18.6secs P
SS1. Giandomenico Basso Proton Motorsport Satria Neo S2000 Accident. S
SS2. Lorenzo Bertelli Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX Gearbox P
SS3. Julien Maurin Ford Fiesta RS WRC Mechanical
SS4. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford WRT Fiesta RS WRC Rolled M
SS4. Thierry Neuville Citroen Junior WRT DS3 WRC Retired
* Note: There is no Rally 2 (as the SupeRally has been renamed for this year) on Rallye Monte Carlo.
all times unofficial
Click on relevant pic to enlarge
Join the conversation - Add your comment
Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.