24 August 2013
Rallye Deutschland: Latvala doubles lead, survives scare
“We had a massive jump on the first run through Panzerplatte [SS11]," said Ostberg. "I actually blame Jonas [Andersson, co-driver] because I asked him if I should take it flat-out and he said 'it's your choice' – us drivers, we always choose flat-out! It's always fun to have a big jump like that, but maybe I was a bit too enthusiastic with that one!
“But overall I think we have had a good morning. I missed a junction on SS10, but otherwise I am feeling a lot more comfortable with the car in the types of sections I was struggling with yesterday.”
Martin Prokop rounds out the top six, with WRC2 runners Robert Kubica, Elfyn Evans, Hayden Paddon and Sepp Wiegand in positions 7 through to 10. Kubica lost the lead in WRC2 in SS9, after he spun, but then Evans had his own issues in the next test and slipped back. Kubica now leads by just 1.4 seconds.
In the other support categories, there is no change - Sebastien Chardonnet remains out front in WRC3 and Pontus Tidemand continues to lead the JWRC.
As for retirements, Qatar WRT man Nasser Al-Attiyah was forced out in SS11, after he hit a rock and broke a steering arm on his M-Sport-run Fiesta RS WRC. It is not yet known if he will re-start on Sunday.
Sebastien Ogier did re-join the fold this morning, however, and the Frenchman was immediately on the pace in his Volkswagen Polo R WRC, winning SS9 and SS11, while he was third in SS10, 1.9 seconds off the pace. Ogier now lies 28th overall. Michal Kosciuszko opted not to re-start today after injuring his back on Friday.
The event now continues with a repeat-run through this morning's three tests. SS12, the 26.54 km Stein & Wein 2 test, is due to start at 14.25 hours local time [13.25 hours UK time].
Rallye Deutschland: Overall standings after Stage 11 (Top 10):
1. Jari-Matti Latvala Volkswagen Motorsport Polo R WRC 2h 21m 53.9s M
2. Thierry Neuville Qatar WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +00m 14.8s M
3. Dani Sordo Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT DS3 WRC +00m 23.8s M
4. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT DS3 WRC +01m 16.7s M
5. Mads Ostberg Qatar M-Sport WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +03m 00.8s M
6. Martin Prokop Jipocar Czech National Team Ford Fiesta RS WRC +05m 33.6s M
7. Robert Kubica Citroen DS3 RRC +07m 09.3s WRC2
8. Elfyn Evans Qatar M-Sport WRT Ford Fiesta R5 +07m 10.7s WRC2
9. Hayden Paddon Skoda Fabia S2000 +09m 29.2s WRC2
10. Sepp Wiegand Skoda Fabia S2000 +09m 38.8s WRC2
11. Nasser Al-Attiyah Qatar WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +10m 27.7s M
12. Khalid Al-Qassimi Abu Dhabi Citroen Total WRT DS3 WRC +11m 54.9s M
13. Yuriy Protasov Ford Fiesta R5 +13m 42.1s
14. Evgeny Novikov Qatar M-Sport WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +13m 48.9s M
15. Sebastien Chardonnet Citroen DS3 R3T +16m 18.2s WRC3
WRC2 standings after Stage 11 (Top 3):
1. Robert Kubica Citroen DS3 RRC 2h 29m 03.2s WRC2
2. Elfyn Evans Qatar M-Sport WRT Ford Fiesta R5 +00m 01.4s WRC2
3. Hayden Paddon Skoda Fabia S2000 +02m 19.9s WRC2
WRC3 standings after Stage 11 (Top 3):
1. Sebastien Chardonnet Citroen DS3 R3T 2h 28m 12.1s WRC3
2. Keith Cronin Citroen DS3 R3T +01m 48.4s WRC3
3. Mohamed Al-Mutawaa Citroen DS3 R3T +19m 00.2s WRC3
JWRC standings after Stage 11 (Top 3)
1. Pontus Tidemand Ford Fiesta R2 2h 44m 10.0s JWRC
2. Michael Burri Ford Fiesta R2 +02m 09.4s JWRC
3. Martin Koci Ford Fiesta R2 +02m 52.8s JWRC
DNS. Andreas Mikkelsen Volkswagen Motorsport II Polo R WRC Did not start – co-driver injury M
SS1. Evgeny Novikov Qatar M-Sport WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC Went off the road M*
SS1/2. Per-Gunnar Andersson Ford Fiesta RS WRC Stopped*
SS3. Per-Gunnar Andersson Ford Fiesta RS WRC Retired
SS4. Sebastien Ogier Volkswagen Motorsport Polo R WRC Suspension damage after off in SS3 M*
SS5/6. Michal Kosciuszko Lotos Team WRC Ford Fiesta RS WRC Injury M
SS11. Nasser Al-Attiyah Qatar WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC Suspension M
*denotes re-started under the Rally 2 regulations
M denotes Manufacturer entry
all times unofficial
Tagged as: m-sport , Ford , Jari-Matti Latvala , Fiesta , Latvala , Qatar , volkswagen , Rallye Deutschland , Neuville , Thierry Neuville , Polo , Polo R WRC
Click on relevant pic to enlarge
the conversation - Add your comment
Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.