Sebastien Loeb has reiterated he has no plans to do any more events in the WRC at least "for now".

Loeb's return for Rallye Monte Carlo last weekend was a major talking point and the nine-time WRC champion proved his worth, very much in victory contention until he hit a rock in the final stage on Friday and damaged the left-rear suspension.

Loeb eventually finished in eighth having re-joined under Rally 2 and despite the disappointment of that error in SS8, insisted he had very much enjoyed it, his first WRC event since Rallye de France in 2013.

Related Articles

"No plans to do any more [WRC events] for now," he told reporters at the finish.

"We enjoyed it though!" he added. "We managed to find the pace and the DS 3 WRC was perfect. When we set off on the first stage, it was as if Daniel [Elena - my co-driver] and I had never been away! I was very pleasantly surprised by the feeling and the times we set right from the word go.

"The first two legs were nonetheless very difficult, but we had to push given we were fourteenth in the running order. The conditions didn't really work in our favour and a minor mistake proved very costly. But that takes nothing away from the fun we had in the DS 3 WRC.

"We experienced a lot of good moments. It was a really great experience for Daniel, at home, and for me!"

Speaking earlier in the weekend, Loeb similarly played down talk of doing any more WRC events.

"There are no plans for another event," he said prior to the off on Thursday. "What I miss is the sensation in the car; it is the only discipline when you drive only with the natural feeling - that makes the driving. You can slide and that is enjoyable, that was my life for a long time. Now I have adapted to a completely different driving style [in the WTCC] - it is nice to feel the old way back."

Meanwhile, Citroen boss Yves Matton thanked Loeb for agreeing to compete on the Monte.

"On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank Seb and Daniel for having accepted to take part in this year's Rallye Monte-Carlo with the Citroen Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team. They rose to the challenge we set for them with exceptional nerve and determination," Matton stated.

"After fourteen months away from the WRC, they showed they had lost none of their talent in finishing with the most stage wins.

"We [also] showed that the 2015-spec DS 3 WRC was very competitive [too], winning eight stages - five with Loeb - out of a total of fourteen."