Auriol said: ''I'm happy enough with the set-up, but it could be better. I'm not going to start making changes to the car now the rally has started. Doing that can be counter productive, you can take the settings the wrong way and drop more time. I hurt my wrist when I hit a rock near the end of the stage, I had to drive the last kilometre with only one hand.''
Gardemeister commented: ''The car wasn't running right, it was so hot. The fuel wasn't coming through. After the stage the car cooled down a bit, we fired it up and it ran okay, but the problem was back for SS4.''
Of the other entries Toshi Arai leads the FIA Production Car Championship, despite struggling with a power steering fault on his Subaru Impreza this morning. He has a minute advantage over fellow Impreza driver Stig Blomqvist.
Of the non-works entries, Gilles Panizzi leads the charge. Once again the Frenchman is showing well on a gravel event, driving a Bozian Racing-run, works specification Peugeot 206 WRC. He holds fourth overall.
Rally statistics - Leg 1:
51 crews (22 Group A and 29 Group N) started this morning.
Today - Friday 20 June:
Leg 1 started from Limassol at 08h00 and covered 329.62km, including 99.84km on four stages. The first car arrived back in Limassol at 18h07.
Tomorrow - Saturday 21 June:
Leg 2 starts from Limassol at 06h00 and covers 549.61km, including 158.35km on eight stages. The first car is expected to arrive back in Limassol at 19h35.
Will remain hot and sunny.
Stage by stage summary - Leg 3:
SS1 Platres-Kato Amiantos 1 (11.60kms):
1. Rovanpera (FIN) Peugeot 9m 27.1
2. Solberg (N) Subaru 9m 32.9
3. Auriol (F) Skoda 9m 33.9
SS2 Lagoudera-Spilia 1 (38.32kms):
1. Rovanpera (FIN) Peugeot 35m 18.4
2. Makinen (FIN) Subaru 35m 21.0
3. Panizzi (F) Peugeot 35m 24.5
Leaders after SS2:
1. Rovanpera (FIN) Peugeot 44m 45.5
2. Panizzi (F) Peugeot 44m 00.0
3. Makinen (FIN) Subaru 45m 00.1
SS3 Platres-Kato Amiantos 2 (11.60kms):
1. Rovanpera (FIN) Peugeot 11m 28.2
2. Martin (EE) Ford 11m 31.0
3. Duval (F) Ford 11m 31.6
Leaders after SS3:
1. Martin (EE) Ford 43m 07.8
2. Duval (F) Ford 43m 10.9
3. Gronholm (FIN) Peugeot 43m 25.5
SS4 Lagoudera-Spilia 2 (38.32kms):
1. Gronholm (FIN) Peugeot 34m 30.3
2. Loeb (F) Citroen
3. Solberg (N) Subaru 34m 38.3
Leaders after SS4 / Leg 1:
1. Grönholm (FIN) Peugeot 1h 28m 49.8
2. Rovanpera (FIN) Peugeot +8.8
3. Solberg (N) Subaru +10.3
4. Panizzi (F) Peugeot +13.9
5. Loeb (F) Citroen
6. McRae (GB) Citroen
7. Martin (EE) Ford +1m 22.3
8. Burns (GB) Peugeot +1m 31.2
9. Sainz (E) Citroen
10. Loix (B) Hyundai +2m 05.0