WSBK » Spies takes pole on WSBK debut

46racingfan - Unregistered

February 28, 2009 9:31 AM

great to see this champ becoming so big, don't care who wins, just let all those bikes (yamaha, aprilia, honda, ducati, suzuki....) get to the finish fighting for that victory, faring to faring elboe to elboe, turn after turn, its time to show to the moto gp organizers whats racing...

gregin8er

February 28, 2009 9:46 AM

Not sure why people have to have a go at MotoGP all the time, I enjoy both. WorldSBK for the spectacle and MotoGP to see the worlds best riders on the best bikes.
As for the races tomorrow, my money's on Rea. He looked so relaxed and just did what he needed to do. Cant deny how impressive Spies is though. It's going to be a great couple of races.

Racefan - Unregistered

February 28, 2009 10:16 AM

I have to admit to being an old stick-in-the-mud when it comes to bike racing and for me GP's have always been the pinnacle, right back to the old days of 50, 125, 250, 350, 500, all in one meeting, and WSB was always a secondary thing. But having watched WSB qualifying this morning, with all the different factories up there, new machinery being developed, etc, etc, GP's have lost it. Bring in the 125's to run along with WSS and WSB and I'm sorry to say that Dorna can keep their series as far as I'm concerned.

Malc Dean - Unregistered

February 28, 2009 2:05 PM

I only watched the first 12 minutes - what a lot of nonsense!
Far too complicated in respect of timings, tyres and so on.
And the on-screen display is rubbish - I want to know the times everyone is doing, not just see the leader, numbers 10 to 16 and the 4 slowest!
Even the old superpole was better than this.

Spinach - Unregistered

February 28, 2009 3:32 PM

Wow! Just wow!
For all you Euros, I have to agree with you on the Ben issue. The kid rocks, so why turn you away by beating a dead horse and predicting the future? Let 'em race and sit back and watch what has to be one of the greatest years in cycle racing history.

I am beyond shocked at Aprilia as well.

OK, well, I'll read all the comments Tuesday, after I've seen both WSBK races and WSS race. Thanks Speed (not).

emollified - Unregistered

February 28, 2009 4:51 PM

Not being able to see the first ever knockout q sessions here in the USA does not really "suck". "TOTALY BLOWS is much more accurate!

I have to admit at being more pi$$ed at Speed for preventing all US IP's from accessing it online than excited by the new format. However, I would like to see it to confirm my sceptisism.

Heat races should determine grid position. Old School Rules!

johnnymat

February 28, 2009 5:10 PM

As an American I wish Ben the best of luck. However, I think some of my fellow countryman are reading a little too much into his pole position.

As others have said , the quality of the machinery and riding talent in WSBK is a quantum leap from AMA competition.

I'm going to adopt a wait and see attitude about Ben.

Let's just hope the upcoming season is as good as we all hope it will be.

« 1 2 3 4