WSBK » Haga fights back with convincing Imola win

Cubikrube - Unregistered

September 27, 2009 11:57 AM

I was feeling sick for most of the race, i'm so nervous it is ridiculous and i'm just watching!

Well done Nori, back on track with a convincing if nerve jangling display.

Finger's x'd for more of the same in the second race.

Fabrizio did a good job of being rear gunner, glad Johnny Rea recovered as when he went off he'd nearly took Nori with him and i'd have been saying something different lol. Great last gasp pass by Biaggi on fab too. As for Ben, well he seemed to be doing as much as he could and with a lap and a half to go he settled.

Only 6 points in it now, it aint over till it's over and it's shaping up to be an awesome finish to the season :)

Russ - Unregistered

September 27, 2009 11:57 AM

Great racing!!!!

Well done Haga, just hope Spies had a problem and is more competitive in race2.

Superb from Rea, recovered to finish 7th after being in the wall :)

Simoncelli surprisingly finished in the gravel :-o

jimmy - Unregistered

September 27, 2009 11:58 AM

Now, don't tell me that Rea is not a madman! He doesn't care about others, that raid down to Rivazza was absolutely suicidal, he almost took down Nori again :rolleyes:

darren - Unregistered

September 27, 2009 11:59 AM

Good race, but those Eurosport commentators just seem to get worse! I'm sure you could drag anyone off the street and they'd do just as good a job.

When the most annoying on said, "Race two is gonna be great, because if I know anything, Ben Spies is gonna be fired up for it." My heart sank, because clearly - you know **** all my son - so I expect Haga to piss off into the distance.

I'm hoping for an Aprilia victory!

Russ - Unregistered

September 27, 2009 12:05 PM

Was it just me or did Spies look at his rear tyre every time he left the chicane on the start/finish straight?

Haga has a great rear gunner in Fabrizio. Sykes scraped into the top despite numerus crashes infront of him. Champagne my ****!!!!

Tarzaan

September 27, 2009 12:06 PM

What a race! It would be better with a Biaggi win, but it still was good with this result:)It1s very good for Haga's championship fight, and "grandpa" max show again, why he is a world-class rider:)

Question: What about the Dr. Brux sponsorship on the Suzukis? I saw only a white part in the bikes.

In race too I think Rea or Haga have the best chance to win, if they will have a good start.

VRob - Unregistered

September 27, 2009 12:09 PM

Great win from Haga, with strong support from Fabrizio who did a fine job as team mate.

Ridiculously hotheaded move from Rea that landed him in the barrier. He really needs to calm down and stop trying to win races in the first few laps, because he has the pace to win if he just rode with his head a bit more. His fight back from flat on his back to 7th was amazing, but he could have so easily have taken other riders down with him when he straightlined that corner.

1 2 3  »