WSBK » Haga begins countdown to title face-off

jimmy - Unregistered

October 04, 2009 7:37 PM

Nori, fight, fight like never before! Prepare for extremely tough fight against Ben in Portimao but if you will lose by less than 5 points I will personally hang Fab by his balls.

Gbert - Unregistered

October 04, 2009 8:05 PM

congratulations to NORI!! As I've been saying, Spies has been getting all of the credit. Nori is an amazing talent, and will be fighting to the wire.

Good on you mate!

AB - Unregistered

October 04, 2009 8:20 PM

You mean countdown to losing! There is only one deserving champion and that is Mr Ben Spies. Even with the best bike Haga still cant win it!

What Spies has done is simply amazing.

Ronald Revsak

October 04, 2009 8:25 PM

This is shaping up to be one of the best seasons in recent years. With Nori just 10 points clear of Spies going into the final round it might prove to be a bit more than I can take, the tension is killing me!!!

I'd love to see Spies (in his rookie year!) lift the trophy but I'm a long time Haga fan and it's Nori's turn to have it. Come on Haga!!! :D :D

Whatever happens this year, and even if he never wins the title (next year surely is his - JT is no Spies), Nori will go down as one of the all time greats of Superbike racing.

If he doesn't ever win it, he's basically the WSBK Stirling Moss, which is no bad thing.

Hedgeholer - Unregistered

October 04, 2009 8:44 PM

Yeah, I'm torn too.

Spies has been phenomenal. So far as I can recall there's NEVER been an entry like that.

Yet I reckon old Nori Haga really does deserve it after all he's done in WSB ... Fk me, that sounds like I'm bidding for a'lifetime award' award for the guy!
Um, in a way maybe that IS what he deserves?

So, if I can't sit on the fence I would rather see Nori lift the trophy. And when he does I'll feel sorry for Spies because he's been brilliant. :rolleyes:

What happens if they both finish up with the same number of points? - It could happen.
What's the tie breaker? Poles? Fastest laps?

arkwright - Unregistered

October 04, 2009 9:18 PM

If they finish on equal points then Spies wins because he will have more wins in the season.
It's quite possible but with Fab, Rea and Max in the mix pretty much anything can happen and probably will.

Jack - Unregistered

October 04, 2009 9:28 PM

Great racing Nori :) Too bad Biaggi held you up like that in race 1.

Now to Portimao for the final showdown. Last year both wins went to Ducati's Troy Bayliss, so Nori has the bike to do the business.

But aahhh 3 weeks to wait for it is too much. I would like to see it next weekend already :rolleyes:

Buck - Unregistered

October 04, 2009 9:54 PM

Whoever wins, they both deserve it.

Spies have been very unlucky though, he would have a clear points advantage over Haga if he werent taken out by (im not going to be namin names), and not to mention a few very costly tecnical problems.

Haga was unlucky to crash and to be injured for a long period of time, but that's on no one but himself.

1 2 3 4  »