WSBK » Spies puts one hand on title after Haga fall

Ben Spies wins the first race of the day at Portimao, while Noriyuki Haga crashes out.

K1ngs r0w

October 25, 2009 11:56 AM

I'm the biggest Haga fan, but Spies deserves his tittle, Pure Talent...Well done Ben, see ya in moto gp!

Grats Nori, you were the only one able to challenge Big Ben, don't be too sad, you're a talent as well.

Thanks both riders for this epic year of superbike

wosideg - Unregistered

October 25, 2009 12:05 PM

Good job by Spies, bit gutted for Nori and race 2.
Well done Camier, although still a second off Max.
Looks like it's in the bag for Ben..unless the fat lady gets involved.

Firefly

October 25, 2009 12:07 PM

Meh I'm a Haga fan (and Ducati) but I have to say that Spies deserves the title. Haga once again fails at the most important time, he'll have his last chance next year.

I just don't like Yamaha winning, but I can live with Spies being the champion.

FooAtari .

October 25, 2009 12:07 PM

Wasn't totally surprised to see Haga go down, I knew Spies would handle the pressure better, has looked relaxed and stomped his authority on the race in qual and race 1.

Can't say Speis doesn't deserve it though. i knew he would challenge for the title but didn't expect such domination, most wins and most poles and he had never raced on most of the tracks before. If he wasn't going to MotoGP I think he would have huge success in WSB.

Wonder if Haga thinks he made the right decision moving away from the Yam.

Anyway bring on race 2.

SpiesFan But licker - Unregistered

October 25, 2009 12:08 PM

Why do you have to make a oomment like that about Rossi? I am American living in Denmark and a fan of all the guys on the grid, and the umbrella girls.

It is your type of comments that prove and demonstrate ignorance.

Good job Spies, hope Nori will give the battle in the next leg.

K1ngs r0w

October 25, 2009 12:14 PM

The problem for race 2 suspense is really simple

Spies is flyin' here
Haga is Struggling

I don't want to see another mechanical problem for Ben or a stupid move by another rider.

Crossfingered.

at the same time I don't want to see Haga WC by this way...It would be too unfair for Ben

K1ngs r0w

October 25, 2009 12:42 PM

drifterJack, you're a litlle bit unfair

We were talking about friday practice, and he was good, but yesterday, he didn't make any progress unlike Ben did. that's all

What do you want from me with your post? to make me angry or having fun on me? well, it won't work

Don't forget Drifterjack that only Ben spies & his friends are racing in world superbike. Not us.

1 2  »