WSBK » Haga forced to settle for second again

Noriyuki Haga is forced to settle for the runners-up spot for the third time in his career as he watches Ben Spies take the 2009 World Superbike title

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Richard Mushet

October 25, 2009 9:46 PM

Rob - if it weren't for Fabrizio taking Spies out a few rounds back then Haga would've lost it earlier. I'm surprised nobody's trying to blame Rea for Haga's sloppy riding at the first turn at Nurburgring too.

Oh yeah, you must've caught your CAPS LOCK. Turn it off, I don't like people shouting at me - even if it is online pet.

Kris Skellenger

October 25, 2009 9:47 PM

For anyone saying that Fabrizio cost Haga the championship I'd like to point out that he actually gave Haga a chance by taking Spies out at Brno. Without him doing that Haga wouldn't have been leading going into the final round. Fabrizio's *****ic moves benefitted Haga more than Spies.

slojo - Unregistered

October 25, 2009 9:56 PM

nori actually said in an interview with jonathan green that he didn't need fabrizio's help in winning the championship, and that he wanted his season to be decided by his own hand, not by someone else giving him the title on a platter

Sweeble - Unregistered

October 25, 2009 10:14 PM

I'm a great Haga fan, but I've got to say that Ben deserved the championship - what a frightening talent. As for Fabrizio, it's not his job to ride for Haga, he's a top quality rider who is riding his own championship. Haga's got enough talent to win his own. Anyway, a great season, but I don't think Nori's going to have it easy next year!

Johnny Carwash - Unregistered

October 25, 2009 10:18 PM

To all you who think Haga deserved the title more, compare Spies' incredible stats to Haga's. Let's not forget Spies was a WSBK rookie. His debut season was astonishing at a level comparable only to Hamilton's first F1 season. Haga will not have a better chance to claim the title. Only one question remains for me - Which was the better bike, Ducati or Yamaha? Sykes's performance was surprisingly disappointing this year, and with two factory Ducatis at the front, I can't shake the feeling that Spies rode the R1 to results it really shouldn't have achieved. Thoroughly, thoroughly deserved title. Without a doubt absolutely the right result. Congratulations Ben Spies!

Zuzy - Unregistered

October 25, 2009 10:29 PM

I personaly support kiyo but any 1 watching this season would agree
haga diserved that title more than spies he has battled through the
injuries unstopable with broken colour bone. Spies just sat there to me he wasn't
even trying haga was on a new bike this season slower than the yamaha.
I think past the result haga is my 2009 world champion all the best for next
season you have alot of support behind you. Also hoping kiyo carries on racing.

Dynorod - Unregistered

October 25, 2009 10:32 PM

Johnny Carwash No doubts Ben is a worthy champion but You will find that the bike had a massive part to play the R1 has lifted honours in many of the domestic championships and this can't be put down to a fluke. Tom Sykes performance was not bad he was also a rookie and anyone would have been left to look wanting in that garage next to Spies. Unlucky Nori it's still great to watch you ride best of luck in 2010

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »