WSBK » Crash.net's Top 10 WSBK Riders - 2nd

InSpeedWeTrust

December 22, 2009 10:59 AM

8 wins, 19 podiums, 10 Fastest Lap, 456 Points.
He's beaten his teammate by 74 points for his 1st year with the official Ducati team :-o

Really awesome........But not as the #19# :p

Nonetheless I bet on him as well for 2010. With the Datas from 2009, Nitro Nori "could be" unstoppable next year.

superfly - Unregistered

December 22, 2009 1:14 PM

"and was beaten by a rookie ha,ha "

Were not they ALL beaten by a rookie bomberh7-haga-hater ?

You're unfair to underrate the only rider able to mix up with the talent.

stupid comment (ha,ha)

RawDawg

December 22, 2009 2:00 PM

Nori was my pick to bag the title at the beginning of 2009. I knew Spies would be fast but I didn't expect him to be THAT brilliant.

Once again, I'm picking Nori to be champion in 2010.

Jeez, this guy has to get at least 1 title, no?

Uncle Vito - Unregistered

December 22, 2009 3:54 PM

This season was a disappointment for Haga. If you watch any of the interviews with him, you can tell that's how he feels too. He was supposed to be the best rider on the best team on the best bike, and this was supposed to be his championship at last. The championship was deceptively close. Things went wrong for Spies more often than for Haga, but when it went right for both at the same time, Haga was outclassed by Spies most of the time. Better luck next year. I think Haga is still the favorite for 2010.

wayne noble

December 22, 2009 5:10 PM

Can we also remember guys, after Donnington it looked for a while like he would'nt finish the season due to his injuries. "Hard as nails Nori" managed to get through that and still finish where he did. OK some might say that he had a little breather between the next two races but anyone who has been beat up in a motorcycle accident will know it's not that easy. Remember he rode with a broken collarbone last year! I was sure at the begining of the year he would get that elusive title but BS was brilliant. If he had lost to any other rider I would have been gutted !! As it was I was merely dissapointed. I can only hope it will happen next year but it wont be easy !!!

KTMKen

December 22, 2009 8:36 PM

What might have been for Nori, had he just been able to settle for second place in a few races when he was up big in points over Spies. I hope that next season if he gets an 88 point lead on second place he plays it smart and rides for the Championship, and not always for victory on race day.

sammysays - Unregistered

December 23, 2009 3:03 AM

I want to personally thank both Haga & Spies for putting together a fantastic season of racing & one of the most thrilling down to the wire championships in 2 wheel history. Both riders deserve kudos for leaving everything on the track & keeping the 2009 season from turning into a romp. Can you imagine what this year would have been like without Spies to keep Haga honest? It would have been the Ducati cup all over again. I wish both the best of success next year! :)