WSBK » WSS: McCoy ‘shocked’ by Triumph reversal

Garry McCoy thought he was going to be testing the Daytona 675 at Portimao this week

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Rosto

January 21, 2010 10:03 AM

U ungrateful Pack Of ****holes Triumph!!!!! No wonder nobody with any brains buys one of your ****boxes!!
This guy knows what it takes,.. Kawasucki did the same thing to him in GP now look where they are...I wish you the fate..

tardozzi - Unregistered

January 21, 2010 10:06 AM

sounds like a well aimed kick in the ******** ??? even if he gets a good ride,else where.hes bound to be angry at the way it happened??,being fully dedicated to the project??infact it sounds downright DIRTY MOVE,its ok a team not wanting a riders services ,but surely they should have given him a bit of notice,so he could sort out another ride

tony - Unregistered

January 21, 2010 10:26 AM

Another reason added to my list not to buy a 'Thaiumph' what a bunch of as-----s! good luck to you Gary on finding another ride, you deserve better.

675 - Unregistered

January 21, 2010 10:26 AM

From Gary McCoy:

“I really don't know what happened. It's a big surprise for sure. As a team we were working well, the bike was good and for the first time in my career I really felt that I had a chance of winning a world title.”

675 - Unregistered

January 21, 2010 10:28 AM

From Gary McCoy:

“I've been trying to get the deal signed since the final round of 2009 and the whole time I was being told that everything was fine and that we were going to continue. I met with the team about two weeks ago where I was given a piece of paper with an offer of what they were going to pay me, which was a lot less than had been previously agreed. I said that we had to talk about it and was told that I could take it or leave it. Then two days ago I was told I didn't have a job and the next thing I hear is that they've already got a replacement so it seems that I was never in there plan.”

Bertie Simmonds - Unregistered

January 21, 2010 10:36 AM

Before you guys say that you'll never buy another Triumph again, I think you or this story needs to differentiate between 'Triumph' and 'the team'. I don't know 100%, but I'm guessing it's 'the team' who are saying no to Garry and not Triumph Motorcycles in Hinckley!

pp916 - Unregistered

January 21, 2010 10:41 AM

That's a real bummer Gary, and no way to treat a guy who put the bike on the podium twice last year when no other Triumph was anywhere near!
I though we had a 'dream team' with Gary & Chaz, now its all turned to s**t!
Best of luck for the future mate, hope you pick up a good ride and rub their noses in it on a regular basis!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »