WSBK » Difficult return to action for Neukirchner

Max Neukirchner's first race weekend in almost ten months ends with a best of just 12th place at Phillip Island

Workshy - Unregistered

March 02, 2010 11:12 AM

While its early into the season he needs to up his game as at the moment he is looking a little unconfident and lack lustre and there are plenty out there waiting to step into his shoes

Hedgeholer - Unregistered

March 02, 2010 12:41 PM

Disappointing ans surprising.

But its too early to write Neukrchner off yet.
Bear in mind tho Rea achieved a much better performance he didn't achieve as much as was expected either.

It may take a couple more meetings to sort this but the Ten Kate team's good & so are their riders - expect that they will.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

March 02, 2010 7:34 PM

He was stunning when he first arrived on the scene, but he always seemed to crash and land badly. Personally I think he has had a few crashes too many. I'm not expecting him to compare favourably against Rea and the PI result was what I expected.

Matt - Unregistered

March 02, 2010 7:56 PM

The main injury that ruined his season last year wasn't even his fault. He got t-boned by a flying, rider-less Kawasaki.

I think he's probably still low on confidence after coming back. Him and Guintoli are my to favs in the series at the moment, I hope both of them pick up the pace and start scoring regular podiums/wins.

Richard Mushet

March 02, 2010 8:45 PM

It was Brendan Roberts' Ducati Matt, who had been taken out by Tamada's Kwak.

I think Max will get to speed, but it's field full of talent, even more so than last year, so it won't be as obvious when there's all the Aprilias and Ducatis and Yams in front of him...

Plaggie - Unregistered

March 02, 2010 9:53 PM

@ matt,

you hope that Neukirchner and Guintoli would pick up the pace. You're right about Neukirchner, but if Guintoli finds more pace, he might be in for serious title trouble.

I meant to say, I think (and probably everybody) that he's done 2 impressive races last Sunday. Finishing 6th and 4th in his debut!!

pp916 - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 9:56 AM

Come on Max, get it sorted.....chose you as 2nd rider in my fantasy road race team and I need the points! Luckily Leon H is my rider no 1........ :)

1 2  »