WSBK » Guintoli admits: I need to improve

Sylvain Guintoli admits he needs to improve in the 2010 World Superbike Championship standings

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Hedgeholer - Unregistered

May 26, 2010 12:55 PM

No sh*t Sherlock.

I'd say understanding the problem's the first step to overcoming it.....
Excpet he said pretty much this a few eeks back.
He really didn't need to gather more evidence.

I quite like the guy really and he's not far off.
Half of me wishes he could find the tiny element that's needed to tip the balance.
(The other half says, look, you've binned him from your Fantasy Road Race team. It'll bu**er things up neatly if he goes and does that). :p

kimey - Unregistered

May 26, 2010 1:11 PM

As above - really like the guy and look out for him each race.

In his favour is that a lot of these tracks are new and so he has a disadvantage to Leon. Also, whilst Leon seems to be okay on a suzuki, where is the next one after Ginters?

However be problem is the way Leon is riding. The gaps are so small and I think it shows just what difference that extra edge Leon has makes

Hope he pulls it around.

Matt - Unregistered

May 26, 2010 2:58 PM

I like Sylvain, he's a good racer and gave funny interviews while in MotoGP. Like Max Nuekirchner (sp?), I think both of 'em lost a bit of something after their bad accidents last year. I hope they both get it back and both return to fighting for podiums.

Good luck Sylvain, show 'em you still got it!

chris - Unregistered

May 27, 2010 3:24 AM

Sylvain is a good rider but Suzuki should have taken Vermulen from motogp to world superbikes and then they would be 1 and 2 in the WSBK championship.

kirmit r - Unregistered

May 27, 2010 6:41 PM

This guy has real quality , on tracks he nows (philip island ) he looked as good as haslam, remember this is his first full season ever on a production based bike.
his time will come :) :)

Pizdoff - Unregistered

May 27, 2010 9:53 PM

No outright quarrel with Kermit, I think given space Guinters can get there.

But I reckon he'll need at least two and more like three or four podiums between now and about August to secure his place on a competitive bike for next season.

Andrew Long

May 28, 2010 10:24 AM

Tommy Hill must be thinking of taking that ride in 2011. Guinters needs to do more and least keep up with Haslem. There will be a ride at TenKate Honda next year as I am sure that Nuekirchner wont be there in 2011.