WSBK » Thursday paddock access free at Silverstone

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Cubikrube - Unregistered

July 23, 2010 6:00 PM

They have always done this for Brands and it's good to see it happening at Silverstone. Thursday is usually a really good day for catching the riders in a little more relaxed environment

alol - Unregistered

July 23, 2010 6:08 PM

It was free of charge on the 1st practice day (Friday) in 2006 including the paddock if i remember rightly but hey someones got to pay for that nadgery new section i guess :)

sevenfoureight

July 23, 2010 6:26 PM

I tried to purchase a ticket for friday, as I have to work sat & sun, and was told that there were no friday ticets for sale, as admission is free? - so will I be able to go thursday? - rang the circuit, and was told thursday was "Media only" and anyone without press pass will be turned away - can ayone confirm?

Cubikrube - Unregistered

July 23, 2010 7:16 PM

Whenever i've gone on the thursday which is pretty much every year, they haven't beem remotely interested in seeing your tickets. On my weekend tickets there are stubs for friday so i would imagine that's a day you have to pay. I can only go on what my tickets say though, sorry can't be more help than that

Richard Mushet

July 23, 2010 8:16 PM

I've been in touch with the circuit and Friday is free, but apparently there's no paddock access (paid or otherwise.) I've vowed not to give them a penny after the obscene prices they were charging for the MotoGP, and I've never really enjoyed Silverstone as a viewing circuit anyway.

kwikkwak

July 23, 2010 11:48 PM

Have to admit,i am a bit confused.When i phoned the circuit to buy a Paddock Pass for two days,Friday and Saturday,i was told that Paddock Passes were not for sale for the Friday as it was free cos it was only practise and not Qualification.So am i not able to get in the paddock on Friday now then?

Cubikrube - Unregistered

July 24, 2010 7:06 PM

My paddock pass only has stubs for saturday and sunday but i've always been able to get into the paddock for the whole weekend. That's uk, france and portugal wsb.
I would just go by what normally happens tbh, people in call centres selling tickets should know but i'm not surprised that they don't.
I never liked Silverstone either tbh but the viewing is better but it's never going to be like brands or donny because it's flat. We've been to the GP and F1 there this year and enjoyed both.
Oh and my mate called a couple of days ago and was told that paddock passes have sold out, luckily for him i bought three so he can have one of them

Deano - Unregistered

July 27, 2010 11:03 AM

OK, first thing: it's not exactly free - like it was at Donny - if you have to buy a ticket for another day!
Second: a guy on mcn forum has been told by Siverstone that Friday tickets will be on sale - on Friday morning! I don't have a time-machine handy for Thursday access!
So, a bit of a non-offer then!
Nice one, Siverstone!