WSBK » Kawasaki targeting Haga for 2011?

With Chris Vermeulen already confirmed on one new ZX-10R, Haga, Sykes and Lascorz are in contention for the second.

Ninety

July 30, 2010 9:59 AM

If Vermeulen gets a ride and Sykes doesn't, it'll be criminal. I love Haga and maybe he'd be worth it in a developmental capacity, but I'm unsure he's the best fit as a racer anymore.

Both Sykes and Lascorz deserve a chance next year. If they're really serious about wanting to win in WSBK, it wouldn't hurt to have a quasi-works 'junior' team - having three or four factory spec ZX10s racing every weekend would help development no end...

rc212v - Unregistered

July 30, 2010 10:05 AM

Get rid of Sykes again?! :? It's meaningless, Tom's doing very, very good job, and I really hope he will stay with Kawasaki in 2011, because dude deserves it.

Yhough, I'd like to see Lascorz but with Pedercini. Maybe they will receive some factory support next season

John - Unregistered

July 30, 2010 10:09 AM

Unless the new zx10 is another step, its a waste of time anyone going there, its never going to be a race winner.

Can say all they want about factory supported, but its not bearing fruit is it.

trr - Unregistered

July 30, 2010 10:49 AM

Haga is still a big fish and to be honest it might be not so bad for him to give the new 10R a shot. If he won´t set the world on fire...so what, it will be the bike´s fault and the next year he still can get a satellite-ride. This year I find it very unlikely that he will get another factory offer. I bet Ten Kate will be full with Rea and probably JT, Suzuki with Haslam (if he will not jump ship to the Rizla-team in MGP...hope not, that bike is disastrous) and I think Guintoli stays if he keeps it up, Yamaha may not have a factory team in SBK (if Meregalli goes to MGP), BMW Corser + Fabrizio, Aprilia will not change the crew I think. to be cont.

Julian Kirkland

July 30, 2010 10:56 AM

Putting Haga on the new Kawasaki? Is that a good move to take things forward? Its well known that he likes a very 'personal' setup with lots of front end bias. I dont see that as a good move for developing the bike considering not many other riders like a similar setup.

Sykesy deserves a chance on the New Kwakka next year. Anyone who know him from BSB knows he is quick and the lad is doing a good job week in week out on what is below par machinery this year. Then again it will take a massive step for next years bike to be fully competitive so a move might not be a bad thing for him.

evo - Unregistered

July 30, 2010 11:01 AM

Can't see why all these washed up brits are being proposed for Kawasaki when the guy who is showing the most promise on the worst bike this year is RL Hayden. I'm really hoping he gets a fulltime ride in Moto2 next year where he will show the world what he's got but failing that Kawasaki would be crazy not to move him up to the new factory bike in WSBK.

trr - Unregistered

July 30, 2010 11:06 AM

Part2: The only worthy ride is an Althea-Ducati but Haga needs to get back on a 4cyl bike, that suits him better. He can get his pride back on the ZX, not easily but don´t have to win for that. Also I am curious if Sykes would like to stay at Kawasaki at all or will go after one of the GSX-Rs with which he had succes before. No matter how much I would love to see Sykes or Haga on a Kawasaki next year, I can not ignore the fact that Lascorz is one of the hot deals in SSP in the last 2 years and he was fast on the 10R when tested it. So Kawasaki has to keep him if it is possible but I bet he only accepts the factory ride. Anyhow, Team Green´s tryin to rise up from the dust for 2011. Good luck!

sbkfan - Unregistered

July 30, 2010 11:07 AM

I,d think they should keep the current rider line up, and run a 3rd bike if haga joins, is cv not on a 3 year deal, and ts is carring that team and getting as good a result as that bike deserves. I would of thought edwards would go to yamaha, where is this rumer that they are leaving and who is linking him with ducati. I think bmw need there head checked if they go for fabrizio, surly they would be better going for haga?? inline four.....

1 2 3 4 5 6  »