WSBK » Silverstone celebrates return with British dominance

An all-British top three in race one and an all-British top five in race two signifies a hugely successful weekend for Silverstone.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

hello moto - Unregistered

August 02, 2010 2:39 AM

This is like Americans in GP during the 1980s. I hope all of the Brits stick together b/c this lot can win the next 5-10 SBK championships. No reason to go to GP, it's a dead end unless you have Italian or Spanish sponsors in high places.

When Ben is done wasting time in GP, he will return to WSBK for a serious scrap with the magnificent seven. Game on.

No offense, world, but SBK belongs to the English speaking nations. :D USA and Oz have got no one in the pipeline right now. It's up to these Brits.

pp916 - Unregistered

August 02, 2010 9:35 AM

Surprised there weren't more spectators there considering the level of British interest.....but on the upside it did mean we could spectate from wherever we liked! Free access to stands and much cheaper than the GP (if you had to pay :)), I was sceptical but its clearly shed loads better than Donington.

DJT78

August 02, 2010 10:01 AM

As long as you don't try and count people from Northern Ireland as British then I agree with you all. Good to see Laverty bucks the trend and flys the tri-colour with pride!! Now I can feel a flurry of angry replies coming!!

daveyboy

August 02, 2010 11:44 AM

Not an angry reply, but anyone who rejects their British identity doesn't deserve the British support in my opinion. I personally couldn't care less what happened to Laverty. Notice he'll never mention "home fans" or "racing at home" in any interviews. Silverstone was like another foreign round to him, so the fans should treat him as a foreign rider, support him if you like his style, but not as a home hero.

I don't mind when riders fly the St Georges/St Andrews/Ulster/Welsh Dragon Flag as they usually have the Union Flag on the podium and they aren't effectively rejecting UK fans as "home" fans. Aka Johnny Rae! - Go Johnny!

baitman - Unregistered

August 02, 2010 2:56 PM

I think Jonathan Rea chooses the fly the Union Jack. No one makes him do it. If Laverty chooses to fly another flag, he obviously has his reasons and it doesn't really matter unless you have a chip on your shoulder like some of the more partisan posters here have.

pp916 - Unregistered

August 02, 2010 4:54 PM

Not saying its the only reason but there is a very good financial reason why Eugine chooses to race with an Irish licence.......and if it helps him properly support his racing then good on him! Question....what nationality licence do John and Michael race under? That's just curiosity cos I don't know, not trying to start another uprising!

Richard Mushet

August 02, 2010 7:52 PM

John and Michael race under the Union flag I believe, although I've never seen them on a World Championship podium and haven't seen any other Irish flags on the podium in my (short) time. Eugene races on an Irish license, but who really cares?!

Apparently some of you numpties do care. Yes it's nice to see Brits on top, but nationality isn't an issue to who I support in the racing... I didn't realise the kind of attitudes prevalent in Apartheid-era South Africa or in Ireland during most of the 20th century were still so common for some people... Get a grip and talk about the racing you douchebags.