WSBK » POLL: Who has impressed most this season?

Vote for the rider you think has surpassed expectations in this year's World Superbike Championship.

Cubikrube

August 20, 2010 11:51 AM

I wanted to say Cal but tbh i think Checa has been bloody good all season, his bike's broke a couple of times but that's hardly his fault.

I honestly wouldn't have thought he'd be my choice if you asked me at the start of the season but there ya go!

jimmy - Unregistered

August 20, 2010 12:25 PM

Honestly I've expected Cal do well this season, bloody well - after his dominance in SSP and his previous SBK experience. I am the most impressed by Leon Haslam - I really didn't expect him to be the only direct competitor to Mad Max.

wr86 - Unregistered

August 20, 2010 12:53 PM

At the beginning of the season I figured Max, Nori & Haslam would be fighting for the title so Max & Leon doing well is no surprise (Nori's lack of form is stunning though)

Easy pick - Carlos (too over the hill to compete) Checa!! :-o :-o

What he's done on a satelite ride has been impressive!! Taking it to both factory riders! :D

Anyone who's not been impressed has some mighty high standards.

topblokepez

August 20, 2010 1:14 PM

checa's bike isnt juat a satelite ride even he has said hims self the difference between the xerox Ducati and the one he is riding is just the colour,his words not mine its been reported on other sites and on this one to all be it about a week later lol

Cubikrube

August 20, 2010 2:04 PM

And as much as i hate to say it, the most disappointing this year has been Nori :(

I'll still be supporting him come hell or high water but to say i'm gutted about this year for him is an understatement. I know the Xaus hitting him at 150 mph + and then him p1ssing blood for a few months had an effect but this has to be his worst ever season, just hope he can turn it around next year but we'll see.

G0 #41!

PhilS

August 20, 2010 2:35 PM

I have gone for Leon Haslam due to the fact that in his first season as a factory WSBK rider he has gone straight to the top and has been the main challenger to Biaggi all season on a bike that didn't even come close to winning races last season.

Peter Pan - Unregistered

August 20, 2010 2:47 PM

Haslam, no brainer that one. JR65 comes in a close 2nd. An Exceptional talent.

Biaggi has 4 world titles (albeit in the stone ages) so his form is expected. Corser, the 5 lap wonder has also impressed with solid rides on the Bee Em. Pack it in though, give Ayrton Badovini a ride. The Piano man, Toseland should honestly concentrate on his band. Leave bike racing to racers.

JDW - Unregistered

August 20, 2010 4:00 PM

Haslam has to be most impressive for me!!...and then Checa! he has achieved on the satellite bike what the factory boys have not. Biaggi is a former GP champ so, yes, on a good bike I would expect wins. As for Cruthclow????...I would say decidedly unimpressive. he knows the tracks intimately, and transitioning from SS to SBK would be relatively easy for him, and he is on last years winning bike, proven to win. And he only has 2 wins!!...not very impressive for me....I do however think he will keep improving...
1-Haslam, 2-Checa 3-Biaggi 4-Corser or something like this.......

1 2 3 4  »