WSBK » Rea runs rings round rivals for fourth win

The Northern Irishman has now finished on podium on ten occasions this season.

Roadrage

September 06, 2010 2:57 AM

Well done, Rea. He's impressed me more than any other WSB rider this year and is the Brit most likely to succeed in MotoGP, given the chance. Haslam too has shown he has the talent to make a go of it.

Hookem

September 06, 2010 8:41 AM

Him being a Northern Irishman and not being British must have some kind of Rodney Dangerfield stigma attached to it.

I mean absolutley no respect.

That is all right Johnny Boy. You have a fan from the Lone Star State.

I think he could be leading the WSBK Championship by leaps and bounds and he would get 5 post at the very most.

You Brits are a strange bunch when it comes to how you treat sportsman.

Oh well. Congradualtions are in order Mr. Rea. Good show !!!!

Richard Mushet

September 06, 2010 8:53 AM

I couldn't give a rat's a$$ where JR was born - he's been the rider to watch ever since his Red Bull Honda days in BSB, where his raw pace was obvious. Eugene and Jonny are two of the brightest talents the UK has got, but posts always resort to some bigoted idiot bringing up their flags...

For some reason everyone seems to be a big fan of the Leons, Byrne and Crutchlow - ignoring Rea and Sykes, who are the two riders I always check for on the results if I've missed the racing on TV.

Anyway, it's good to see Jonny outriding the 'Blade and getting the results we all know he's capable of.

Pull the pin lad!

mystic meg - Unregistered

September 06, 2010 9:28 AM

rea can make it look like a walk in the park sometimes,love to see him on a really good bike,he is the class act,thought we were going to hear soon?,about his 2011 plans,and are TK going to motogp paddock next year,will the honda/dovi end in court,will honda take the hump and ditch dovi!with HM plant testing in assen with TK,(WHY WOULD HM TEST AT ASSEN)when they can test in england,are they going to be the honda team in WSB next year, lol just love to speculate,will rea be on an 800cc tk honda in gps

Hookem

September 06, 2010 9:57 AM

I know Honda has a group of rookies in MotoGP. But given thier performance.

I think they should give Mr. Rea a wild card ride and let him test in Assen.

I sure as hell would not bet against him being faster than some of the guys who are riding for Honda in MotoGP this year.

I think Jonathan Rea needs to get his butt in MotoGP ASAP. 2012 is just right around the corner and having a year under his belt if he rides next year will put him in the catbirds seat.

daveyboy

September 06, 2010 10:52 AM

Hookem, without going into British/Irish politics too deeply, many Northern Irish will fly the Union Jack & Ulster flag and be "British" and "Northern Irish", and others will fly the Irish flag and will be "Irish".

As an Englishman, naturally I favour the English riders first, but then other British (Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish) riders second, I won't be alone in this.

Having said that, I support Rae and have already said in another post that I'd have prefered to see him (and Haslam) go to MotoGP before Crutchlow.

TARDOZZI - Unregistered

September 06, 2010 11:45 AM

@ hookem,the only way you will get british comments about j rea is this way ?? rea is easily the best british rider around today, better than haslam, crutchlow and camier,never mind toseland! and is the only one with the talent to make it in gps, ?? now wait for replies

1 2 3  »