WSBK » Smrz back to Ducati with new team

Smrz links up with fellow Czech competitors Liberty Racing for the 2011 season.

desmotog

September 13, 2010 10:30 PM

Doesn't really matter what Jakub rides he'll only be fast on an empty track....good qualifier...poor racer,

But hey! he's there, and 'living the dream' so what the heck, best of luck for 2011 Jakub, I hope you prove me wrong....

....but I doubt you will

Greener02 - Unregistered

September 10, 2010 7:39 PM

So Eugene Laverty to Yamaha
Haslam to BMW (if no factory backing form Suzuki)
Haga to Suzuki (Haga could go to BMW if Haslam stays at Suzuki)
3 Kawasakis' i hope with Sykes on the third
Hopefully TK get sponsership to go with 2 bike and they will run Toseland hopefully
So does this leave Fabrizio to go to Althea Racing?
and Byrne to BSB and who knows where Xaus if off to and Neukirchner to WSS with TK

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

September 10, 2010 5:18 PM

Mr ........... If GPone are touting Haga for Alstare my guess is it will be to replace Haslam who will be off to BMW. I hope so although I don't want to see the others out of rides - I would rather see more bikes on the grid.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

September 10, 2010 5:08 PM

Just remembered that Neukirchner has a contract for another year with TK, but perhaps he will switch to WSS to save the team money (and himself from further embarassment) and also because Sofuoglu is expected to go to Moto2.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

September 10, 2010 5:04 PM

Eugene Laverty is now confirmed at Sterilgarda Yamaha.

Rea is expected to re-sign at TK and Leon Camier at Aprilia. Haslam will only re-sign at Alstare if Suzuki increase their support - I think he is the favourite for the BMW ride alongside Corser.

Like I said this morning that leaves Haga, Fabrizio, Toseland, Byrne and Neukirchner. Looking for rides.

Althea don't have the budget yet to run a second bike and neither do TK. If Kawasaki don't run a third bike as the second seat is expected to be filled by Lascorz that would add Sykes to the list (I hope not).

As Stuart Higgs said on the Eurosport commentary there are only enough rides in MotoGP and WSB at the moment to fill one grid. I hope the economic situation improves and we get back to healthy grids in both series.

Matt - Unregistered

September 10, 2010 3:36 PM

GPOne is also saying that Neukirchner is trying to get a ride in GP's aboard a Ducati (although seemingly all Ducati teams are full, so he'd need a new team which would mean a 7th Ducati on the grid). As much as I like him I don't see him doing well in GP regardless of what bike he's on. He needs to get his confidence back on a SBK first.

............ - Unregistered

September 10, 2010 3:10 PM

"GPOne is touting Nori for Alstare"

Haga would be stupid to go with a team that hasn't got any updates from the factory since the first race!

That'd be Haga's farewell no doubt.

Keefypee - Unregistered

September 10, 2010 12:48 PM

Er, Tardozzi won't have much say at BMW next year, if the rumour mill is to be believed. Word has it he's off to Yamaha to support Melandri. Good luck, though, to Jacob...he can be an exciting rider!

1 2  »