WSBK » WSS: Sofuoglu seals second Supersport title

Kenan Sofuoglu wins the 2010 World Supersport Championship as he finishes second behind Eugene Laverty at Magny-Cours.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Shrieker

October 03, 2010 1:44 PM

I won't fall into that trap. You'll see that I'm magnanimous in triumph just as I would've been in defeat.

Laverty got all the respect he deserved. He was never called $hit neither by me, nor by other Turkish fans posting here. We criticised him at times (maybe a bit too harsh) but we never called him names.

Quite contrary to that, you'll find a list of 'names' Kenan have been called in the past few days (or week) alone. Take your pick.

kebab boy
a55hole
w4nker
dirty
rat

etc. etc...

Shall I go on ? Talk about respect... It's a perfect reflection of your society's perception about 'us'. I wouldn't call that the pinnacle of civilisation. I would've loved to, but what I've been proved on here was that you have a lot more prejudice towards us than we have for you.

ponyboy - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 1:54 PM

3 racers including lascorz who has not been here lately surpassed the level of supersport. lascorz going to superbike with laverty and sofu going to moto2.. It is a team effort and mechanical sport. Laverty put a foot wrong in the whole season and had a mechanical failure whereas tenkate bike and sofu were flawless.
good riders good talent good show. thanks for making our sundays entertaining and enjoyable.

see ya next season.. sit back and enjoy the show :))

Md Zane

October 03, 2010 2:15 PM

@ Shrieker
I'm pleased to say the only names I ever called Sofuoglu was superglue and Pritstick and i never stepped anywhere near nationalism.

Any way congratulations to him and looking forward to seeing him on a moto2 in the next few weeks

DRAGON - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 2:18 PM

Congratulation Kenan,

Once again, we all remember that racing is a long season and not a single race so a clever rider should follow all the points not only ice victories.

I hope that you will repeat your championships or success in Moto2 and maybe soon in MotoGP. I' m proud of watching a great talent as you. I wish you all the best for next year.

On the other hand, I fully respect Laverty who deserves my compliments and I wish him good luck and the best for next in year in WSBK.

A final word for Lascorz who should be in racing till the end but I hope that he will fight for championship next year.

TURK - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 2:26 PM

What a day?

I love today maybe more than my birthday and feel great!...

I' m proud of being Turkish and having a rider like Kenan deserves this victory for both himself and his family.

Thanks to Laverty for his gentlemanly celebration.

Good luck guys for next season and hope to see here more fair discussions.

DRAGON - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 7:16 PM

Kenan Sofuoglu world supersport champion says

It was not a difficult race, but when you're thinking that in 20 minutes you will be world champion, it's definitely not easy. The last six laps were very long for me. I was riding very slowly and I was still very afraid of making a mistake. In the end we won the championship, but this year it has been very strong with Eugene and Joan Lascorz. I was world champion in 2007 but this has been a much more difficult fight and I enjoyed it much more because of that. I want to thank Eugene and Joan very much for the competition, because I think racing each other has made us all even faster. Next year I will be in a different championship so I want to say a really big thanks to the Ten Kate team because we have been on the podium in every race this year. We've never had a technical problem and I tried to stay on the bike all the time, although sometimes I have had to close the throttle and settle for a podium. I am so very happy today, so thanks t