WSBK » Guintoli joins Liberty Ducati for 2011

The Frenchman was a model of consistency with Suzuki in 2010, even if he failed to make it onto the podium.

matto3227

October 06, 2010 9:42 AM

This is good news & a well deserved ride!

And have to agree with HKP... Suzuki have made a poor call. Unless Fabrizio is bringing in BUCKETS of money, then they should have stuck with the French man.

redlineracing - Unregistered

October 06, 2010 10:01 AM

Well i wouldnt like to call on whether MF of SG would be a better move for Suzuki. I think Guintoli would have been a 'safer' bet, but an 'on-form' Fabrizio is capable of regular podiums without question.

I certainly done think its a bad move for Guintoli at all. We know how good these 'privateer' ducati's can be. Just look at Checa. And i have a slight feeling that Ducati have nit severed all ties for 2011 completely.

Lets wait and see as its looking like its going to be a good mixed up 2011.

desmotog

October 06, 2010 1:01 PM

Guintoli was very unlucky to loose the Alstare Suzuki ride, so great news for Sylvain. I hope it's a 'works' spec' bike.

Infront the Ducati racing company have said they will fully support their satellite teams so I would guess that both Liberty and Althea will have the same spec'.

I wonder how long it will be before Guinters' is kicking Jakob's ass':D

Cubikrube

October 06, 2010 1:31 PM

You'll get a much bigger repair bill with Fab that's for sure, he is too inconsistent and has been given planty of chances. I feel for Sylvain not getting that ride but the important thing is that at least he has a ride for next year and i for one wish him well

assen03 - Unregistered

October 06, 2010 1:41 PM

The wizzard, hurricane, nodding dog, whatever you call him - is very fast for about 6 races, crap the rest!
He must have brought a lot of money along, I don't think the Battas are that stupid!

NB - Unregistered

October 06, 2010 2:14 PM

Guinters is as much British as he is French, having a British wife, and living here too, so I for one will be cheering him on (much like I was when he was a Pramac rider).

Jon

October 06, 2010 2:33 PM

I think you'll find he is French...
If I go to Dublin and marry an Irish girl I don't automatically become Irish!

Seriously, he's a very likeable bloke but let's not even pretend he's British just to appease a few people.
I rate/follow riders because of their ability, personality and tenacity- not because of their passport!

1 2 3 4 5  »