WSBK » Kawasaki continues its march to the front

Sykes readies the ZX-10R for what will be a three-rider assault on the 2011 world championship.

iRONIC - Unregistered

November 03, 2010 10:42 AM

Just be carful Tommy they will build you up just to knock you down again like all British fans do to their sportsmen. The Brits give the rest of the world all the fuel they need to jump on the bandwagon

Cleggy - Unregistered

November 03, 2010 10:59 AM

Not this Brit.

Go show em what you are made of Tom !

We just need Shakey there now, not sure why it hasn't happened for him the last 2 years, but I know he has it in him !

Richard Mushet

November 03, 2010 11:05 AM

We've already seen Haslam and Rea as regulars at the sharp end of proceedings this past season - hopefully Grinner will be up there too (and maybe even Camier if he can sort qualifying out and not bin it as often?)

iRONIC - Unregistered

November 03, 2010 12:10 PM

Cleggy

i agree but you know what i mean. the Brits crucify any of their own who become successful. don't know why but thats how it is. But with a name like Clegg i am asuming that you don't live far away from Tommy. Huddesfield, Brighouse, Dewsbury maybe ?? Great Yorkshire name. you will stick by him same as a lot will but unfortunatly there is a lot of scum about that won't.

Nick636

November 03, 2010 12:44 PM

I'm not even a Brit (South African) but Tom, I got your back.
The progress you made on the Kwakka this year was amazing, and I guess kinda shows Yamaha should've had a listen to what you had to say in the pits last year.

Go give 'em hell.

aeaventures - Unregistered

November 03, 2010 1:23 PM

Awesome, Tom is getting a real chance to bond with the bike earlier than the other two riders so hopefully this will translate to him coming out of the blocks in front, C'mon Sykes'ee

Jon

November 03, 2010 2:20 PM

Whoa whoa whoa!!!!
Do I need a bulldog and a St Georges flag tattooed on my leg to be a true 'patriot'?

As I'm a Brit, all things being equal I will support a fellow Brit...
..but I also recognise that all human are individuals.

If I admire a riders style/attitude then I will follow him, regardless of nationality.
Likewise if that Brit isn't an especially good guy, then I'm not going to follow him for the sake of it.

How old fashioned is this? I am only supposed to like white, middle class sportsman because that's what I am?
Should I hate the Germans?

Let Shakey do whatever he wants- one day the bloke is going to retire, why not now?
People were shouting Chris Walkers name until recently- why?
People get older and slow down, youngsters come through.
I don't care about their creed, colour or nationality- i just want the racing to be good.

SUZOOK - Unregistered

November 03, 2010 3:56 PM

I'm a HUGE dyed-in-the wool Suzuki fan but hope that the Kawas will perform well next year. They're long overdue to taste the fruits of success after spending several years in the doldrums. Believe me, its not easy to remain faithful to one make when they constantly fail to deliver the goods. Suzuki's persistent & irritating MotoGP efforts is a prime example that my patience hasn't worn thin yet! At least the GSX-R's exploits in WSB, the AMA, BSB, Road Racing & Endurance racing tends to soften the blows somewhat...I hope that all our racing heroes will enjoy an exhilirating and safe 2011! Supporting different machinery & brands "makes the world go around." Imagine how boring life would be if everyone drove a white car...

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

November 03, 2010 4:00 PM

GO TOM! Hopefully, one day soon give all us Kawi fans something to cheer about. There really hasn't been a green bike at the front in WSBK since Scott Russell was racing. That was YEARS ago....hope to see Tom write his name in the books alongside Russell as the only other rider to win a title aboard a Kawi.

1 2  »