WSBK » Talmacsi confirms Pedercini Kawasaki test

The Hungarian racer is weighing up his options after being left without a Moto2 ride for 2011.

trr - Unregistered

January 05, 2011 1:07 PM

I hope he will do fine and can give it a shot this season! SBK is getting more and more popular from year to year. Actually it is my fav racing series, way more exciting than MotoGP. I know Team Pedercini and Kawasaki were not really competetive together last year but hopefully the new 10R and the full factory support will turn that around.
Seriously, at the age of 29 talking about retirement is nonsense...in SBK he can have plenty more years and I am sure he has the talent to run with the guys there. A 125 WC and a 6th pos at the end of the first Moto2 season can not be pure luck. Get yourself together and show us, dude! :)

........... - Unregistered

January 05, 2011 1:13 PM

He might be more suitable to WSS as a start but he might prove me wrong. Good luck.

That "WSBK isn't popular in Holland is a typical gp primma donna comment. He should show he can ride at that level first and then talk.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

January 05, 2011 1:39 PM

Holland?

WSB isn't popular in Hungary so he may have difficulty attracting / retaining personal sponsorships - so a perfectly valid comment - afterall a Pedercini ride isn't going to pay much salary.

I would rather see him get the spare seat in WSS with Ten Kate - a competitive bike and team. If he goes to Pedercini I hope the bike is good enough to launch his WSB career not bad enough to end it.

Vipera

January 05, 2011 2:33 PM

@Sick Cylinder:

Before the first victory of Gabor at Mugello 2005, MotoGP was also not popular in Hungary. If he switches to WSBK, many people will start to watch it at Eurosport.

Here in Hungary, in motorsports only F1 is popular, and Dakar, a little bit - MotoGP is a bit popular, but only because of Talmacsi. Nothing else is known. When Norbert Michelisz won the final WTCC race at Macau, nobody cared... :(

I would also be happy if he moved to WSS to Ten Kate, but Pedercini Kawasaki in SBK is also a good move.

kirk66 - Unregistered

January 05, 2011 4:29 PM

Sorry I'm not loggin in, but I'm ot on MY computer. Riddle me this: Has ANY Pedercini rider placed higher than 12th in the standings?
He's probably riding for personal sponsorship money. I feel for the guy. If I were Gabor's manager I would sooner find a AMA Daytona Sportbike ride for the guy. At least he'd get a check from a team. Project 1 Atlanta needs a rider for one of their Yamahas. Westby had a great season on it last year and Gabor has way more talent. Westby landed a Team Hammer gig this year.

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

January 06, 2011 5:35 AM

I hate to say it, but Kawasaki has ended or nearly ended a few careers. Be it in MotoGP or WSBK. Success for recent riders is few and long between and other Sykes, no one since Akira Yanagawa has had any success in the modern era. You'd have to go back to Scott Russell before you'd find any wins on the World stage in Superbikes. In the AMA, the last real success came at the hands of Doug Chandler and that was quite some time ago. I'd hope that Gabor has done his homework on taking a chance like this. It's not like Pedercini is a successful team in the championship.....they've been around for ages and are always at the back.

Kris - Unregistered

January 06, 2011 8:06 AM

Hi!
Well, WSBK is getting more and more popular in Hungary with Brno hosting that event too. (Not to mention it is much cheaper for the spectators than MotoGP) Latest news is that Gabor goes to a top team in supersport. Hopefully he succeeds, cause has had a rough time with Jack&jones parting this abrubtly.

1 2  »