WSBK » Rea: We're in a pretty good place

Jonathan Rea insists Castrol Honda are right on-track as the start of the 2011 World Superbike Championship approaches apace - despite a brief trip to hospital following a testing fall at Phillip Island

Mart - Unregistered

February 17, 2011 2:18 PM

I actually think rea may hav his hands full with xaus this year, the blade seams to respond 2 been riden agresivly wich is how xaus always rides. When he isnt on the floor he think he will be fast as f**k.

jimmy - Unregistered

February 17, 2011 2:42 PM

Mart: I think so. And I hope so! I think that Xaus is still a very quick rider and he could get back lost confidence this year. BMW just didn't suit him well.

Dannyboy

February 17, 2011 5:25 PM

I hope so too. I think if Ruben cannot do well this year he will have a hard time finding a decent ride for next year. I like Ruben and he is very intertaining to watch, but two bad years in a row on factory bikes would definatly not help his cause. Thats why I think we will see a revitalized Xaus fighting with everything he's got and that can only be a good thing for us fans!

More of the same...... - Unregistered

February 17, 2011 6:23 PM

I dont like or dislike Xaus but its clear he is bringing in LARGE amounts of cash or he wouldnt be there

Allow me to explain:

2 man team

Rea: Quality young rider who WILL be at the pointy end of proceedings and in with a shout of wins/title

Xaus: Former fast rider with his best days behind him, (as has been demonstrated in recent years) may have an occasional result but generally not a threat, bringing in cash and so gets a seat as he pays the bills......

I hope he proves me wrong but I very much doubt he will

Anyway, Good luck Johnny!

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

February 17, 2011 6:43 PM

More of the same... - much of what you say is bang on, however if you read the recent interview with TK - a summary is as follows: Rea is the focus and prioriy of the team and the target is to win the championship with him this year. Ruben was chosen because they wanted a rider with a similar riding style so that testing duties / development load could be shared. The data logging from their first test confirmed that Xaus has a very similar style.

More of the same - Unregistered

February 17, 2011 6:57 PM

Yeah sick I suppose that makes sense, however I do wonder how much testing/development input Xaus will produce - when I was at Brno in 2009
he landed in front of me (a reoccuring theme for Xaus it seems) and missed the rest of the season with a broken leg

Perhaps he can evaluate leather/fairing strenght?

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

February 17, 2011 7:20 PM

Apparently Ruben attends dance classes regularly which helps his flexibility to minimise injury when he crashes.

Maybe we will see him on strictly come dancing after he has retired from racing?

1 2  »