WSBK » POLL: Who will win the 2011 WSBK Championship?

It's that time of year again... Who do you think will win the 2011 World Superbike Championship?

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Ninja J - Unregistered

February 23, 2011 3:23 PM

I agree with you InSpeedWeTrust!! Would really love to see Nori finally win a WSBK Championship but I will be quitely rooting for Mr Sykes, but I am sure he will have a podium or 10 this year!!!

BenSugden - Unregistered

February 23, 2011 4:21 PM

If Haslam can get a start like he did last season and with the help of BMW continue the form throughout the season where Suzuki failed last year, I think he has the mental and physical attitude and drive to pull it off. Come on Britain!!!

Spengler - Unregistered

February 23, 2011 4:45 PM

Max Biaggi has to be the favourite. He's got all the cards in his favour I think. The same team, same bike (with perhaps even more power) and 2 seasons worth of setup data. If the bike hasn't changed too much over the winter then I think he could well repeat last year's performance. If he still has the drive to go for another title, or not, remains to be seen. Checa will win races, no doubt. As will Rea but Haslam will have an uphill struggle on the BMW to even get it competitive. The rest will make up the numbers IMO.

WillieWheelBreaker - Unregistered

February 23, 2011 4:46 PM

I find it funny how many have voted for Checa just because he is strong in testing at a track he knows and loves? Same as so many already have Stoner world champ because of his pace in testing? I have been willing Carlos on for decades and think he is a great guy and good for WSBK although I have reservations about him being consistent enough on all the circuits. Good luck to him anyway!

trr - Unregistered

February 23, 2011 5:11 PM

I think the champ will be Biaggi or Checa. Reasons: 1.Checa has now full factory support from Ducati from the beginning of the year and even last year he was a contender with many DNFs. Biaggi - as well said above - is with the same team, bike, they have now many datas as well and he got no worse either. :)
2.Haslam don´t have the bike.
3.Haga don´t have the mojo + new bike&team.
4.Rea don´t have the consistency.
5.Melandri same as Haga but expecting much more from him, the Yammie I am not sure about. Kinda dark horse here.
6.Sykes...would love it but on the Kwak will get "only" podiums, making me very happy. :)
7.Guintoli may surprise us here and there on the Duc but not on the long run.
8.I demand the healthy Vermeulen back!

BenSugden - Unregistered

February 23, 2011 6:03 PM

In all fairness, Haslam "didn't have the bike" with the privateer Stiggy Honda team, AND was written off on the Suzuki. Look what panned out for him over those seasons! Had Suzuki been more willing to progress the bike he was on, then maybe he'd have pipped Biaggi, Or at least matched him.

I really can't wait for the season opener in Phillip Island. I'm pretty sure whatever Haslam has up his sleeve will be something special. Pushing the lap records in the BMW testing sessions is already showing the bike has potential.

If however, it turns out he's sh**e on the BMW, then I'll gladly eat my words :)

Uncle Vito - Unregistered

February 23, 2011 6:20 PM

Haga? Keep dreaming.

Biaggi or Checa. I'd really like to see Haslam do it though. But without an American on a competitive bike (or any American at all this year) it won't be must see TV like two years ago.

asefi

February 23, 2011 6:30 PM

I think Carlos really has something to prove to everyone this year.

If he had support last year from Ducati and didn't get any of those pointless DNFs then maybe Max would've been a bit more worried.

I think Carlos will be on fire this year just like Max was last.

Maybe it will be enough to topple the emperor. Who knows?