WSBK » Biaggi lectures Rea after 'crazy' claim

"It would seem that Rea thinks he was right and that I caused the crash... crazy stuff!" – Max Biaggi.

Gosselin - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 9:33 PM

I just wrote the same thing on another post but I was on that corner in person and was watching them closely. Rea came in very hot and was moving around/sliding a lot and hit Max. Baiggi had no chance. I am a Rea fan and appreciate his riding skills but this was his fault.

adzman808

May 31, 2011 10:00 PM

careful Gosselin, max is generally considered the worst human in history - you don't think your first person account is gonna count for anything against the biaggi naysayers do you?! :p

on a serious note....

don't supposed you filmed it?

jo27 - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 10:13 PM

why was there no replays?? most all them bikes have on board cameras front and back. okay okay, its the first lap, somebody has had a view of it! At a long shot I reckon its them crazy italian brothers the flamini's looking after biaggi, what with him being italian in an italian team on an italian bike, backed by an italian sponsor on italian tyres. on youtube they show jr's forward viewing onboard camera, he was in front and biaggi looks to of hit the back wheel/side of bike!

craig - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 10:22 PM

I was at that corner too I seen rea coming up through the inside nearly completely past then biaggi tightened his line and caught rea back wheel I think he just thought rea was through

Roman EmpeRSV4 - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 10:45 PM

this sounds rather similar to the haga, rea incident of a couple of years back when jonny was very forceful of his position through the corner, pushing physically against nori who didn't want to yield and ended up sitting on the tarmac looking rather hapless... anyhow, the evidence as provided from eyewitnesses would appear to favour max and the incident actually sounds how i imagined it to be in terms of the bikes contact before crashing... i don't think jonny realises how physical he is compared to other riders through the bends, which is a strength and why i rate him as a top rider, but sometimes causes at least in part unnecessary prangs or simply falls off on his own...

ebaums - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 10:59 PM

Huh it becomes a MotoGP/WSBK saga about terrorizing Italians or a war betweeen Honda and some pivotal riders. Simo was in WSBK ocassionally and may be an asset here...with Honda. Sic's syndrome is everywhere and almost even in F1 (L.Hamilton)

Mr CLoWnY

June 01, 2011 1:14 AM

I met Max at Laguna when he was still in MotoGP. Great guy, I was rather surprised too. I've always thought of him as being a jerk from everything I've read but he was way cool.

With that said I want to give Max the benefit of the doubt.
I guess Rea caused the crash. lol

Nick636

June 01, 2011 9:36 AM

Can't believe how many people are hating Rea for this.
He's not typically a guy to complain about other riders or cry to the media. Or cause too many accidents to my knowledge. Whereas Biaggi this season alone has proven himself to be somewhat less than a "model citizen". But he's gr8 at acting the victim.

PS. I'm not even a Rea supporter.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »