WSBK » Best of the season for Sykes

Sixth place is best of the season so far for Tom Sykes.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

gotomgo - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 5:50 PM

he was great to watch against the likes of Rea and the BMW's! I hope they keep him to develop the bike as it's coming along. Joan is a good rider also and I think more time on the bike will definately help him out. I don't know what to say about CV but I see Stuart Easton or Lowes for some reason in the future maybe?? I hope that Kawasaki can keep going with Tom and Joan and keep moving towards the sharp end to have good results later this year...

jimbob - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 7:25 PM

Really interesting to watch the bike, its not the usual Kawasaki rocket ship, it couldn't even stay in the slipstream of Melandri's Yamaha even though Sykes was on the Yam's back wheel entering the start straight lap after lap.
Good job Sykes is so good on the brakes, when that bike's sorted he is going to suprise a lot of doubters.

Nick636

June 01, 2011 8:36 AM

@ Jimbob

And I can't WAIT for that to happen. People in general love to hate on the Kwaks and specially Sykes for some reason. I really believe if they keep Tom & Joan for next season as well we'll REALLy see some gr8 results. People have been banging on about how useless the new bike is, no improvement etc etc bla bla bla, but if you compare their results this year, to last year, having BOTH riders consistently in the points is already a HUGE improvement, never mind the fact they've both been Top 10, more than once and Joan getting a 5th. ON A BRAND NEW BIKE!!!

Go team green, progress is steady.

Constantinos - Unregistered

June 01, 2011 9:44 AM

Yes,Sykes first race was an improvement.
All the rest was a normal situation...Outside the top ten.
A factory team with 3 riders,10 races so far, and you have one fifth and one sixth as the best results.
Everyone must realize that when you are Kawasaki Factory Team,anything out of the top 5 is a failure.
With the exception of Walkers wet win in Assen,there is nothing else to talk about.

Nick636

June 01, 2011 10:05 AM

@ constantinos

Sykes was not outside the top 15 as you predicted. And how many races has BMW won...? I'll wait...

The bike is new. And they don't have the most stirling record. But why knock them if they've made CLEAR progress from last season?
Hating just for the sake of it is kinda pathetic. I mean, wow, Honda's been amazing this year, oh wait, no they haven't. Even Aprilia have been rather disappointing (As defending champions).

Constantinos - Unregistered

June 01, 2011 1:27 PM

@ Nick636

Lets get something clear,i am more Kawasaki fun than most.
I am with them since 1990 ok?
Now,my patience is OVER.Always there will be excuses.I just dont care.I dont care about BMW,for gods sake there are so new!!!Honda?Do you remember RC-30,RC45,SP2,Merkel,Kocinski,Edwards?
Kawasaki is out of the game,they are LAST!They pull out from Motogp,why?To concetrate in wsbk?Where is that???
And please stop this "hating just for the sake",i dont deserve comments like that.

ps Congrats for Nick Morgan and the BSB effort!

Nick636

June 02, 2011 7:31 AM

You really do confuse me.. I'm not fighting or being petty or anything and Trust me, my patience is reaching it's limit too.

I'm South African, and I've been waiting for our cricket team to win a world cup (which we should have done at least 3 times since 1993)

I dunno, I just think it's too early to write them off.

Anyway. Good luck.