WSBK » Sykes cracks top six after Miller charge

Tom Sykes declares himself pleased with his race pace after scoring a top six finish at Miller Motorsports Park.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Sweeble

June 01, 2011 1:19 PM

It was a strong ride from Tom and you can't be too dissappointed with top Kawasaki and a top 6 result, but if he doesn't get a podium by the end of the season then questions will have to be asked.

ebaums - Unregistered

June 01, 2011 3:22 PM

erghh...I don't thing Kawasaki lacking to gets podium is due to Sykes. He does a decent job neither Lascorz nor Vermeulen can be compared with him currently. Watching Badovini on satellite BMW he would probably do the same on Kawasaki. As I like Lascorz after his awesome performance in WSS I still think that Kawasaki needs second decent rider. I hope he does not get Sofuoglu syndrome. Vermeulen must heal...so BSB, Moto2 or MotoGP to find proper second/third rider

Pam

June 01, 2011 6:23 PM

Maybe. I wonder if the altitude had anything to do with it, leveling the field a bit perhaps? Time will tell. The Greens have been terrible for so long, I'm a skeptic.

Constantinos - Unregistered

June 01, 2011 10:21 PM

Trying is always a nice thing,but trying and beeing last for so many years does more harm than good.So the factory has to decide what they want to do.They decided to live motogp.Now they have to decide about wsbk.They want just to be there or to win?So simple!
In my opinion this years bike is ok,of course always there is room for improvement.
The problem lies at the team+riders ability to perform at the highest level.They are not good enough.
For Bird and Sykes,there are no excuses,Lascorz could say "i am new".and WHO hired Vermeulen for the second year?
I would like to ask them if this years effort satisfies them.
But always the same answers "the tyres","a bad start","the poor weather","lets forget this weekend".
A lot of you dont agree with me,i dont like saying bad thinks but the results are there.
Simple,My Patience is over.

Nick636

June 02, 2011 7:21 AM

Also agree about the renewal of Vermin's contract. I like him but he needs to do a "Hopper".
Take time off, rest the body and recover properly, then start building up again.

Constantinos I understand what you're saying, but it's the 5th round for the bike. They have NO previous settings to work off. I know you see it different but I really believe this bike will bare it's fruit.

We're all entitled to our opinions. And I for one will back Kwakka now and in the future. I don't believe in supporting someone just because they're winning. And it's so much sweeter when your underdog finally does come good. Sykes, at least, I believe will. Watch them towards the last 3 rounds. Then watch next season.

ebaums - Unregistered

June 02, 2011 9:07 AM

Maybe last year's Chris accident was coused by ZX10 failure so if the factory would like to break the contract Chris would easily take it to court? donno that but it looks like that. Kawasaki wants the momentum but again human factor failed somewhere as they had predict 'decent line-up of three riders' Repsol Honda alike. Lets look at the results without Tom Sykes in the team....a disaster! Now one Suzuki has more constructor points than five Kawasakis! Why they struggling? The new bike, new suspension, new frame, new engine...no data and not fully recovered riders.

Constantinos - Unregistered

June 02, 2011 9:35 AM

@ nick636

I really hope to be wrong!
I am critising them from my lap top and may be this is unfair.
Everybody has an opinion...you know.
I am trying to be carefull but i think that something has to change.Soon.
Time will tell, you are right on that.

@ ebaums
"One Suzuki has more constructor points than five Kawasakis"
That hurts me and you are right on target.